Firefighter

Lvmedic3214

This is a plaque I made from one of the patterns I bought from Sheila Landry Designs. So far I’ve been commissioned to make 3. It was a big job for a beginner but I’m getting the hang of it. Now I just have to mount it on a base (customer wanted it free standing) and put a finish on it. It’s made of cherry and measures 4†wide x 16†long 3/4†thick. I think in the future I might try putting in a polymer clay inlay that I saw on Steve Good’s website.

post-25486-0-15277900-1429500381_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the compliments. DW, I will definitely look into the baking times for the polymer. When I do that I might use 1/2 inch or 3/8 stock. The only reason I used 3/4 this time is from pure laziness and not wanting to plane it down. I rarely have thin stock on hand mostly all 3/4 4/4 stock. My bandsaw isn’t terribly accurate and only has a 6†depth of cut so resawing  is limited to say the least. Amazingkevin, I’ve seen some of your work. You are just being modest. You do excellent work.

Edited by Lvmedic3214