wdkits1

Hi everyone

My name is Mike Mathieu and I'm a newbie to this forum.I've been woodworking for about 20 years and am the owner of Woodworking Plus in Midlothian, Va.

I am a one man operation [along with LOML of course] and I specialize in Intarsia. I create and sell intarsia project kits, do custom and commissioned pieces along with fine furniture and furniture repair. I currently have 2 articles running [one in scrollsaw woodworking and crafts and one in boomerlife magazine].www.boomerlifemagazine.com.page 31. I will post some pics of my work soon and hope to hear from some of you. Also I will soon be doing an Intarsia tutorial on the NC woodworkers site , the subject being a custom piece of a 1953 Ford pickup for a customer in Texas.

Mike

Welcome, Mike! We're glad to have you on board. I really enjoyed your website. The Monticello on your front page is beautiful! You do some really amazing work. Hopefully you'll be able to share some of your secrets with us. ;) I hoping to start my first intarsia project this summer, or at least when the tools thaw...LOL. I can't wait to see some more of your work! Welcome to the site!

Intarsia - the experience of merging Nature's beauty with human ingenuity; finding the perfect combination of woods to express an object or a moment in time; a three- dimensional perspective of the world using natural colored and varied woods; painting with wood

Nice to meet you Mike, glad to have you on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome Mike...........I've seen your work before and it's just fantastic! I love your site. Thanks for joining us here and I know you will enjoy your time here...........everyone is really friendly and helpful. And very talented........so you will fit right in. Thanks so much for introducing yourself..........it's always great to meet new friends.

Christina