My first jewellery box

Smudger

Just finished my first jewellery box for my daughter Ruby, made a few mistakes along the way like over sanding in parts, I alternated each layer so the grain ran in opposite directions to add strength and used some old beads from a broken necklace for the knobs. She was over the moon with it. Now I have to make two more for my other daughters.

post-25055-0-53116100-1437907271_thumb.jpg

post-25055-0-34996100-1437907294_thumb.jpg

Excellently done Andrew.  Those are not mistakes just unplanned revisions.:)  Did you flock the drawers or just put a felt pad in?  I really like the idea of making the initial the shape of the jewelry box.  I can see how she would really love that.  Thanks for sharing this with us.  Looking forward to seeing the others when you get them done.

DW

Just finished my first jewellery box for my daughter Ruby, made a few mistakes along the way like over sanding in parts, I alternated each layer so the grain ran in opposite directions to add strength and used some old beads from a broken necklace for the knobs. She was over the moon with it. Now I have to make two more for my other daughters.

That's a real engineering feat! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Excellently done Andrew.  Those are not mistakes just unplanned revisions.:)  Did you flock the drawers or just put a felt pad in?  I really like the idea of making the initial the shape of the jewelry box.  I can see how she would really love that.  Thanks for sharing this with us.  Looking forward to seeing the others when you get them done.

Thank you, The draws are just left plain at the moment, I was thinking about flocking but need to look into how it's done first as I haven't got a clue where to start.

DW