Your Scrolling Position

Malcolm161

My dewalt is 1 foot higher in the back and i look down on the table while sitting.

I have not done very much scrollsaw work, but the little I have done, it has been whilst standing and using a foot switch.  Our bench is rather high, but the scrollsaw feels comfortable in that position.  I have also visited other scrollers who are standing to do their work, sometimes for many hours. Others prefer to have a sitting position with low table or high table.

What is your preferred position for scrolling, sitting, standing, low table top, high table top (chest level, waist level,)  How do YOU scroll?

Great topic.  So how do you use the foot switch when standing?  Haven't tried because I can't imagine. 

It's right down by the side of my foot, so easy to operate. It's a foot switch which I made up myself for the saw, after a few tips from guys on the UKworkshop.co.uk site which I frequent often.  Easy to then move that switch when sat in the chair.

Malcolm

Both.. The mind is willing ( to stand) but the back has the final say. :lol:  Unfortunately the ol' back ain't what it used to be so I'll start out standing, taking a seat when I have longer, more or less "straighter" cuts, then stand again when I need to make more accurate cuts.. Weird I know but for some reason, I seem to have more control while standing..

Eventually, I would like to get a foot switch (probably not until I get my next saw) and when I do, I'll most likely do more sitting than standing..