hello everyone

alandtoni

hello everyone,

I want to thank you for allowing us to join here as well as give us a second home for this wonderful hobby we call scrolling, I have been scrollng since i returned home from gulf war one and got hooked on the fun of scrolling, not to the degree i am now but at that time it was not something i had a lt of time for, today, both toni and i are working on mastering every aspect of scrolling and so far do a fairly good job, some say we mastered the art of scrolling, we say there is still a lot for us to learn and we are learning daily,

through the great support i have received from all our family at the free 4 all, i am now making fret patterns and as soon as i learn how to make intarsia patterns with gimp, i will be making then as well, right now we just draw them by hand, of course we found a wacom tablet for 99 but since we do not have a clue how those work it makes our option to get one small and since the tablet has a 9 inch screen we cannot see how we could make a pattern off the small tablet and then have the detail we put into all our intarsia and segmentation work,

toni and i do this to add to our small income, since i am a service disabled vet and the va prefers to make sure you are denied and pushes you to quit before you start, this hobby allows me to be productive, keeps me focused on something besides the extreme pain i have like right now where walking is a problem due to the severe pains i have shooting through my whole right hip and right lower back,

since i notice there was nothing on compound cutting, i will see if i can add something there, i am learning that process right now and have made a group of 3 d ornaments and plan on mastering this part as well, the thought process is different to cut compound, and i am teaching toni right now, we did not have our ornments at our christmas shows this year so we have to make up for this tou our customers,

al

Welcome alandtoni!Feel free to enjoy all the ssv scrollsawvillage has to offer you.Things are never dull around here and i'm sure you'll add to the fun we have here.Glad you've come to be a member as fresh talant is allwaYS APPREICIATED.oop's hit the capitals,lol.will anxiously be waiting to see your work.Thanks for joining will be waiting on your work!

Al and Toni,

Glad to see you made it over here, I think that this site in combination with the other site I know that you belong too, you will find that there is not much need to belong to any other sites. We have so much too offer here at the village I think you will enjoy your visits here. Take a stroll around the village and check everything out. Let us know if there is something you would like to see.

Hi Al and Toni. Welcome to the Village. We're glad you found us. Lots of friendly folks to talk shop with. I think you'll have a great time here. Feel free to set up a User Gallery (you can find a [tut]tutorial here[/tut]) and show off a little. I'd love to see some of your work. Anyway, welcome aboard. Jump in and have some fun! :thumbs:

• 2 years later...