florida gramps new member

floridagramps

Just joined today. I am recently retired and live on gulf coast of florida about 80 miles south of tampa. It feels more like NH tonight and we will have a hard freeze. :) Will buy a scoll saw shortly most likely dewalt 788. Have not been able to find one on craigs list so I will check out grizzly option. Are any other scroll saws in the $400-500 range worth consideration

My primary interest is to make interesting gifts for 10 grand kids. Looks like I'll get great ideas, patterns and support on this forum and from steve goody.

happy new year to you all

So glad you found us here at the Village. I think you are right when you say that you think you will find lots of support here. There is an old African saying that it takes a village to raise a child (or something like that), well here it is It takes a village to scroll :cool:

By the way Floridagramps I Live in Florida myself (Up in the panhandle area) and this deep freeze we got going on sucks.

Hi FloridaGramps. Welcome to the Village. We're glad you found us. This is a great community. Lots of folks willing to share tips, ideas, and patterns. I think you'll have a great time here. The DeWalt is a great saw. I think you'll be really pleased with it. It won't be long before you're addicted...errr...enjoying the hobby too. Plus your grandkids will get a lot of cool projects. Anyway, welcome aboard. Jump in and have some fun! :thumbs:

• 2 years later...