wow,birdhouses

amazingkevin

Well done.

Cutting them is addictive.  I did lots and lots a few years ago and still love doing anything in 3d.

One thing I do is add some moss I bought at the dollar store to the hole. Hides the drill mark. 

attachicon.gifIMG_5520 (600 x 400).jpg

Lots of ideas coming in on finishing them,each one unique would be a plus !

Don't forget the finishing is the most important thing to get the BIG $$$$$$$$.

You are a machine.

I'm not greedy buy coins help out the game here.

WOW! Thats a pile of awesome work right there! You DO sleep on occasion? Hahaha..because I rarely do once i get going on something.

I keep forgetting that pictures at night are not good.More will come when finished ,It is scorching hot here in the warehouse lately.If i can get out and waste time in stores cooling down i'm gone.

Kevin, your a machine, you gotta be to get this many cut in such a short amount of time. You don't need to buy dowel stock for the perches, all you need is a box of round toothpicks. I've found that using them is better then using dowels, they'e better suited size wise for the little birds.

Len

Kevin, your a machine, you gotta be to get this many cut in such a short amount of time. You don't need to buy dowel stock for the perches, all you need is a box of round toothpicks. I've found that using them is better then using dowels, they'e better suited size wise for the little birds.

Len

ends up the other box store has the size i need 5/32"

Len

Good idea,I'd cut way more than i do if i had a help mate on the same page as me!

Personally, I think if you're anything at all like me you will be ready for some form of a 12 step program by the time you get them all stained and finished. You are impressively insane!

Joe .,you hit the nail on the head ,my thoughts exactly.I'm slowed way down with these birds as when i need therapy i go back to them.Today i put my first bird on .Still haven't found sticks for  the under sized hole i mistakenly drilled .

Nice job Kevin. I knew you would get to those sooner or later. I made about 40 of them. Sold about 15 for $10.00 each. Gave 23 away to my kindergarten kids on the last day of school. Keven, a little trick on cutting the birds. I put a whole sheet of birds on the board which was about 8 of them and then cut them all at once. I started at the top of the board and cut all the way down on one side of the board and then back up the other side. Then I flipped the pattern over and clamped two thin pieces of wood on the cut side so the birds wouldn't fall out and cut the other side of the pattern. Take the clamps off and 8 birds fall out. I used a #5 blade. Good luck. Hope this makes sense. I also painted some of the one's that have a roof on them and left the bottom plain and then dipped them in a can of poly. Maybe 3 coats. I put a long paper clip on the eye to hang them.

Nice job Kevin. I knew you would get to those sooner or later. I made about 40 of them. Sold about 15 for $10.00 each. Gave 23 away to my kindergarten kids on the last day of school. Keven, a little trick on cutting the birds. I put a whole sheet of birds on the board which was about 8 of them and then cut them all at once. I started at the top of the board and cut all the way down on one side of the board and then back up the other side. Then I flipped the pattern over and clamped two thin pieces of wood on the cut side so the birds wouldn't fall out and cut the other side of the pattern. Take the clamps off and 8 birds fall out. I used a #5 blade. Good luck. Hope this makes sense. I also painted some of the one's that have a roof on them and left the bottom plain and then dipped them in a can of poly. Maybe 3 coats. I put a long paper clip on the eye to hang them.

Were on the same page.We'd work good together,I like your ideas! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:;)