Just another Newbie (& not just to the site)

RUFUS

Hello all! My hubby bought me a Hitachi Scroll Saw a week and a half ago. I bought some blades and a workbook and cut out a cat, a fish & a butterfly. This past weekend I went to buy a magnifying light and respirator and while at the 'store' I used the DeWalt they had for classes. Wow!! What a difference!!! My husband is an avid woodworker (builds me a lot of furniture) and I am soiled so guess what's getting delivered to the house tomorrow!!! Yeah, the DeWalt...I'm so excited.

I absolutely love scolling. Am I jumping into things to try to make my own pattern already? I have so many things I want to make!!!

Hi and Welcome! You lucky thing you lolol. I would love to see your first projects.............I love to see the goodies! Congrats on the new saw too and the great hubby! Thanks so much for telling us about yourself too. You will love it here...........it's a great bunch of folks. Very friendly and very talented. It's never too much in my opinion............I do lots of things......and usually all at one time lol. Jump in and have a great time. If you have questions or need help there is always someone around to help.

Christina

Ooooo...I'd like to have a DeWalt show up on my doorstep. I've never used one, but I hear they're great machines to work with. I know you'll LOVE scrolling. Especially since you have a sweet machine coming in. Be sure to pick up some quality blades from a mail order catalog. The stuff they sell at the Big Box stores aren't very good. That's really my best piece of advice. And you'll also figure out soon enough that you'll stop measuring your cut list by the number of patterns. Instead you'll be measuring your cut list by how many inches thick it is...LOL.

Welcome to the site. Like Christina said, there's so many great people here. Plus, they're really knowledgeable, which is really handy if you get stuck...LOL. They've bailed me out a couple of times. ;) We're glad to have you on board! Can't wait to see your first project.