Eclipse Scroll Saw Owners

If you haven't heard, Ernie Mellon who designed and built the Eclipse passed away August 31, 2015.

To assist those of who have one, I've started a support forum (eclipsescrollsaw.tk). You'll find an electrical diagram, parts list and other useful Eclipse information there.

I also plan on making maintenance and repair videos in the near future.

It is not intended to be another Scroll Saw Forum for general use by scrollers. It's purpose is to keep our Eclipse scroll saws alive.

Thanks, John Polhemus

If you haven't heard, Ernie Mellon who designed and built the Eclipse passed away August 31, 2015.

To assist those of who have one, I've started a support forum (eclipsescrollsaw.tk). You'll find an electrical diagram, parts list and other useful Eclipse information there.

I also plan on making maintenance and repair videos in the near future.

It is not intended to be another Scroll Saw Forum for general use by scrollers. It's purpose is to keep our Eclipse scroll saws alive.

Thanks, John Polhemus

Good job!

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Frank Engwer said:

John, I bought an Eclipse saw in 2003, S\N 84. The belt broke. I would like to buy a belt and 2 seals and a light bulb. I would appreciate any advice you could give me on replacing the belt.

Frank, this original post is over 5 years old. I just checked, and John has not been on this forum since early August, 2019 so almost 2 1/2 years ago unfortunately.  You might check the Village’s Resources section, Scrollsaw Review Section which has the Eclipse saw and several documents on it stored there. One of them is a document on belt replacement it looks like.  Make sure you also review then comment section there to glean the information that has been shared there.

https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/scroll-saw-reviews/eclipse-r50/?tab=comments

There is a Facebook group listed in the comments, I just checked it, and it seems to still be available with some activity by other owners. Probably worth checking out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EclipseScrollSaw/

Also,  Judy Gale Roberts at Intarsia.com has an Eclipse saw I believe still in her classroom shop. She clay be able to give you some more information. You can find her contact information on her website here. https://intarsia.com/pages/studio-tour

There are also some other members here in the Village familiar with this saw. I think @Puzzleguy has one.

Edited by meflick