Birchbark's pattern Different results

spirithorse

If I am correct, these two projects are the same pattern by Birchbark (Russell) with

entirely different results. One was cut an about an 18.5 degree angle and the

other was cut with no angle and the rings alternated.

Now I guess Birchbark will have to tell us which was his intended results or

intended cutting method when he designed the pattern! LOL

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/topic/20525-birchbarks-pattern/

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/topic/8383-the-first-scrolled-bowl-ever/?hl=%2Bbirchwood+%2Bbowl

God Bless! Spirithorse

Well to be honest, back in 2013 when i made this pattern i had no idea what it would be made into.  :)  I had pictured it made out of 1/2" material, in a basket form.   I had never seen a pattern, but had seen a few other baskets made, and wondered if i could draw something like that.  I never counted the number of layers that most were using, i guess i should have.  There were 10 points on the pattern, so i made 10 layers.  lol.  No reason.  shrinking each line the same amount etc..  anyway, fewer layers might be the way to go.  Thinner material?  Thinner and fewer?  IDK.  When i posted the pattern i called it "A Basket or Bowl Pattern", that pretty much tells you the way i was thinking.  :)  

There have been many posts in the past, thanking pattern makers for the patterns, help, etc.  I'd like to thank you ppl that cut these patterns.  It takes a lot of faith to start cutting something from a picture the pattern maker posted.  The time and material, and hoping it turns out to look good.  Putting all that work into an idea that i had is awesome.  I really do appreciate the work you do. 

Russell

post-2009-0-75536300-1472211445_thumb.jpg

post-2009-0-41521700-1472211458_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply, Russell, but, the bowl that Roly showed me was entirely different.

As far as thanking the pattern makers and cutting their designs, I thnk that is simply

a matter of courtesy.

Here I am trying another link.

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/topic/8383-the-first-scrolled-bowl-ever/?hl=%2Bfirst+%2Bscrolled+%2Bbowl

God Bless! Spirithorse

Ahhh yes, I remember that one.  Yes, that's what i had pictured when i made the pattern, making it out of 1/4" in the basket design was what we had talked about.  I remember now.  lol  I'm old so...   :)

I have two computers, searched both, could not find that picture anywhere.  So glad you found it. 

Russell