Xmas items

Montserrat

Greetings,

I don't know how small the crosses are but, if they are small enough, I would round the edges over

just enough to eliminate any sharp edges and leave them as is for a pocket cross. Some people,

myself included, just like to carry a cross in their pocket and every time you get any change out

of your pocket there is a symbol of your faith there to help keep your priorities straight.

That, of course, is just my interpretation of why I carry my cross.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Morning at the desk, afternoon in the shop:

attachicon.gif2016-11-23 18.10.16.jpgattachicon.gif2016-11-23 18.16.58.jpg

didn't want to throw away the cutoffs from the olive wood boards - so I made little crosses.  Maybe drill a hole and attach leather bands?

just as i thought olive wood ,Lucky you to have some.Great pieces to see on the desk every day.

Greetings,

I don't know how small the crosses are but, if they are small enough, I would round the edges over

just enough to eliminate any sharp edges and leave them as is for a pocket cross. Some people,

myself included, just like to carry a cross in their pocket and every time you get any change out

of your pocket there is a symbol of your faith there to help keep your priorities straight.

That, of course, is just my interpretation of why I carry my cross.

God Bless! Spirithorse

What a great idea, never heard of it before but can see how it would be meaningful to a lot of folks.  Thanks for the idea and the good thought to go with it.

jim

Great work and love the nativity scene.  I agree with spirithorse, have been using scrap wood for "pocket crosses" for several years now and am well over 120 (pic included).  The wife gives them away and have had several people pass theirs on and come back to ask for more to give.  Usually made out of walnut from a pattern out of CWW&C and reduced.  They are simple to stack cut, but make us feel good and others really appreciate them.

Jeff

post-29628-0-73561200-1480366529_thumb.jpg