The clocks are haunting me....

munzieb

I seem to be stuck in the mantel clock mode. The gold one I made got shipped to my sister in law in Germany. BUT! my wife still wanted one so the next one was made with delft blue with white background. Then she wanted to try another paint scheme on the other one. These  clock are fun to cut since the top plate is so thin. The backing is more involved since I have to cut 3 pieces of 3/4 pine (or Poplar). I match them as close as possible, stick  them together with carpet tape, and then drill 3 guide holes for finish nails for alignment. I disassemble everything. Glue the 3 pieces together with the guide pins and clamp. Then comes the SANDING. The next ones should be easier since my wife just ordered me a WEN oscillating drum sander from EBay. Face plate is just pin nailed to backer. BTW, I mentioned the 2 sided carpet tape. It is my "go to" tool for temporally holding small pieces like hinges for alignment for drilling or just tacking pieces together.

post-30052-0-57541800-1488816348_thumb.jpg

post-30052-0-11569800-1488816387_thumb.jpg

I seem to be stuck in the mantel clock mode. The gold one I made got shipped to my sister in law in Germany. BUT! my wife still wanted one so the next one was made with delft blue with white background. Then she wanted to try another paint scheme on the other one. These  clock are fun to cut since the top plate is so thin. The backing is more involved since I have to cut 3 pieces of 3/4 pine (or Poplar). I match them as close as possible, stick  them together with carpet tape, and then drill 3 guide holes for finish nails for alignment. I disassemble everything. Glue the 3 pieces together with the guide pins and clamp. Then comes the SANDING. The next ones should be easier since my wife just ordered me a WEN oscillating drum sander from EBay. Face plate is just pin nailed to backer. BTW, I mentioned the 2 sided carpet tape. It is my "go to" tool for temporally holding small pieces like hinges for alignment for drilling or just tacking pieces together.

Looks like you've developed a system that works well for you with tips and tricks included. Your letting the cat out of the bag on secrets of your success in clock making's.With your prized possession doing the art work you've turned all stones at achieving your goals.thanks for showing your splendid works ,Keep them coming!