Blade clamp

Ryobi 16" to be honest with you I do not like it.

Amber this is the reason that a lot of folks don't last long using a scroll saw. A lot of these cheap saws are junk right out of the box. When you can get a good saw and you will be happy. Sorry to be so negative but that is my opinion. By the way welcome to the forum and don't give up get your part for your Ryobi and keep scrolling.

I've used that type before after buying a pin blade only saw. They seem to be good for a little while then they tend to go bad. This is especially true when you start using bigger blades for a period and you want to go back to a smaller blade. They forever strip the thread on whatever bolt you are using. I actually have one for the bottom blade holder on my saw at the moment. I got sick of the top one and went back to using one of these: http://www.nmatools.co.uk/uploads/Image/deco/Detail-SbHalter-eingespanntweb.jpg  This type is great for top and bottom although the bottom one tends to fall off when you release the pressure. You can pack it with whatever to stop this from happening. If you go with something like this just remember not to over-tighten the lugs. If you don't have the original blade holder, that these things slip over, then you can whip something up to hold them. I ended up using an old spanner that came with one of the rotary tools I've had over the years and bent the tip up to slip the blade holder over. It's just bolted to the saw with a block of timber as a spacer. There is really nothing wrong with an El Cheapo scroll saw, as long as it holds your blades and feels good when you cut. I'm using an Ozito at the moment and that went for $130 the day I bought it. That was about 3 years ago.