Dewalt blade tension issues

I was doing some cutting over the weekend and all of a sudden when I put tension on the blade I was not getting the clicking action I normally feel, and the handle went all the way to #5. I am planning on taking the saw apart this weekend and giving it a bit of a tune up, thanks to Rick Hutcheson's website, and see about removing the 'rod knock' that I hear once in a while. I'm just wondering if this is something I should concerned about or if it is something that happens with normal use.

Thanks for reading this. Feel free to offer some words of wisdom if there are any.

2 hours ago, Stupid Donkey said:

I was doing some cutting over the weekend and all of a sudden when I put tension on the blade I was not getting the clicking action I normally feel, and the handle went all the way to #5. I am planning on taking the saw apart this weekend and giving it a bit of a tune up, thanks to Rick Hutcheson's website, and see about removing the 'rod knock' that I hear once in a while. I'm just wondering if this is something I should concerned about or if it is something that happens with normal use.

Thanks for reading this. Feel free to offer some words of wisdom if there are any.

the tension knob on my dw788 came loose and was the culprit for the same problem your having.just needed to be screwed back in.

I have never had the problem, but about once in a while I have to adjust the tension rod You don't have to tear down the saw just the upper arm and adjust it. It will tell you o;n the maintence video on the internet, it only takes about 15 minutes. I kjow how but can't explain it.

IKE