Rescue wood planters

rjR

A combination of all kinds of tools needed to make these.

Made from rescue wood (salvage). Always more work than they look like.

Fence cedar and  slight burning on the wheels for effect. Not a difficult project; but, does always take longer than anticipated

The wheelbarrows are NOT designed to be used for hauling; strictly as planters too. It has a 10 inch wheel and a 10 by 15 inch box. Drain holes have already been added. The wheels are made of fence boards, placed at 90 degrees from each other; then glued and nailed together. The wheel straps are more for looks than for function, just to help the vintage appearances.  I then use a metal piece with all kids of holes after finding the center by X lines. I screw it down loose enough to go around it and draw my circle. I then cut the circle on the scrollsaw.  I do a lot of the smaller cuts on the scrollsaw just because it is always ready to go.

As always happy to answer any questions.  I do have  raid privileges at fence company's dumpster.  I have found some very nice hardwoods in there too. If you have one semi-close; asking them may turn out very good for you. I had actually gone to the fence company to buy some of their rejects and they told me go to the dumpster and help myself!

I sometimes take  the yardmen a small token of appreciation, cookies, bottle openers, and even kids ornaments.

20170527_133121[1].jpg

20170527_133135[1].jpg

5 hours ago, rjR said:

A combination of all kinds of tools needed to make these.

Made from rescue wood (salvage). Always more work than they look like.

Fence cedar and  slight burning on the wheels for effect. Not a difficult project; but, does always take longer than anticipated

The wheelbarrows are NOT designed to be used for hauling; strictly as planters too. It has a 10 inch wheel and a 10 by 15 inch box. Drain holes have already been added. The wheels are made of fence boards, placed at 90 degrees from each other; then glued and nailed together. The wheel straps are more for looks than for function, just to help the vintage appearances.  I then use a metal piece with all kids of holes after finding the center by X lines. I screw it down loose enough to go around it and draw my circle. I then cut the circle on the scrollsaw.  I do a lot of the smaller cuts on the scrollsaw just because it is always ready to go.

As always happy to answer any questions.  I do have  raid privileges at fence company's dumpster.  I have found some very nice hardwoods in there too. If you have one semi-close; asking them may turn out very good for you. I had actually gone to the fence company to buy some of their rejects and they told me go to the dumpster and help myself!

I sometimes take  the yardmen a small token of appreciation, cookies, bottle openers, and even kids ornaments.

20170527_133121[1].jpg

20170527_133135[1].jpg

Are  these your infamous beer totes,lol.Good job Ralph!

What a great use of scrap wood Ralph love the wheelbarrow especially the one to the left with the burning looks cool I have a fence makers literally 5 minutes up the road and i never even thought about there waste lol you know where I will be on Tuesday, like a pig in s*** with a big smile on me face :)

Edited by blights69