A little advice please.

hawkeye10

This is a Steve Good pattern and I need your opinion on the best way to attach the American flag to the back of the pattern. The flag is copied from Steve's site and is computer paper. I have several different wood glues including some that dry clear but what I am concerned about is the paper buckling when the glue dries. As we say here in the south what do ""y-all"" think.

JjygpME.jpg

1 hour ago, hotshot said:

Key concept here is to experiment before you commit.  I would suggest trying a glossy inkjet paper which should not wrinkle, but will give you very brilliant colors.

Do you have to have an ink jet printer with that paper? My printer is a HP Pro 8600.

I am not sure about your printer but if your printer is an ink jet printer, I would use a photo a glossy photo paper to print out flag and then i would use a wood glue applied with a small paint roller rlled onto the back of your cutout, then apply the flag directly to the cutout piece and then aply pressure to the tpo of your cutout pattern. Allow it to dry about 20 minutes.  I HOPE THES HELPS. if you do not understand exactly what i am saying feel free to PM me

Dick

heppnerguy

I've had good luck with 3M Super 77 spray adhesive.  The trick is to spray the back of your paper, then spray the wood you want to attach it to, wait unitl both become tacky like a Post It Note, then apply.  Use a credit card to work out the bubbles.  I spray it with clear acrylic spray for some added protection.  I've used this technique on tray puzzles for kids and it held up pretty well over the years of use and abuse.