Hawk BM Accessory Arm Tweak

hotshot

On the Accessory arm, there are some holes (above the air line) meant to be used to hold the clamps steady while you tighten the blades.  This isn't quite a sophisticated as the Hegner approach, but I think it will work fine.  Of course, my saw didn't have the hole drilled in the correct location for their newer clamps  Nilus said the existing holes were for prior blade clamps, but that they would add the third hole for the current clamps going forward.

I have no warranty (for multiple reasons), so they are not obligated nor did they offer to fix it, which is ok, because I have a tweak that will work for me.

So the forward hole that supposed to fit my clamp, per the manual is too low.  There is nothing I can do about that without grinding into the arm.  The second hole, which was for some other clamp is too high, so I can work with that.  That just means I have to find a spacer and glue there to make it fit.  So I rolled a piece of metal (A Fat Coin) to a thickness of .066", and glued it above the second hole.  If it stays there, it will work fine.

Here is how it supposed to work according to the Manual

TopClampAccessoryArm.png.23f3a06af6642bbfc499a8e085051a61.png

First Hole Intend for this per the diagram above, but too low

FirstHole.thumb.JPG.ce3f19e5a8cf5666b9091d3c2a37ac15.JPG

Second Hole Intended for another Clamp Type, but too High

Second_Hole.thumb.JPG.d4c5745bb5e8357cdf80ebfb9ca9ea34.JPG

Here is the fix with the metal Spacer SuperGlued into Place

AccessoryArmTweak.thumb.JPG.8842bf5e6e94615afe5233de8f0683d0.JPG

Edited by hotshot

Nice.

I'm actually not even removing the lower blade clamp when I replace blades... I just feed it down thru the hole in the table, insert it into the clamp and tighten it.  So far so good.  LOL  We'll see if I keep the blade properly aligned when I do it.  

That's how I've always done it on my Dewalt, so I have pretty good hand/eye coordination although it was easier on the Dewalt.

5 hours ago, hotshot said:

On the Accessory arm, there are some holes (above the air line) meant to be used to hold the clamps steady while you tighten the blades.  This isn't quite a sophisticated as the Hegner approach, but I think it will work fine.  Of course, my saw didn't have the hole drilled in the correct location for their newer clamps  Nilus said the existing holes were for prior blade clamps, but that they would add the third hole for the current clamps going forward.

I have no warranty (for multiple reasons), so they are not obligated nor did they offer to fix it, which is ok, because I have a tweak that will work for me.

So the forward hole that supposed to fit my clamp, per the manual is too low.  There is nothing I can do about that without grinding into the arm.  The second hole, which was for some other clamp is too high, so I can work with that.  That just means I have to find a spacer and glue there to make it fit.  So I rolled a piece of metal (A Fat Coin) to a thickness of .066", and glued it above the second hole.  If it stays there, it will work fine.

Here is how it supposed to work according to the Manual

TopClampAccessoryArm.png.23f3a06af6642bbfc499a8e085051a61.png

First Hole Intend for this per the diagram above, but too low

FirstHole.thumb.JPG.ce3f19e5a8cf5666b9091d3c2a37ac15.JPG

Second Hole Intended for another Clamp Type, but too High

Second_Hole.thumb.JPG.d4c5745bb5e8357cdf80ebfb9ca9ea34.JPG

Here is the fix with the metal Spacer SuperGlued into Place

AccessoryArmTweak.thumb.JPG.8842bf5e6e94615afe5233de8f0683d0.JPG

Your a man of many talents i see,Expect a dozen Dewalts on your door step if you lived closer,lol