What drill do you use?

I am interesting what instruments do you use for drilling holes for scroll saw projects. And show my new mini drill. There are differnt mini drills at Ebay and Amazon, but they are qite expensive, same as delivery to my location. I was looking for a small and cheap mini drill and found this one at Aliexpress (China store), btw is it popular in USA? Also it includes 0.8mm, 1mm and 1.2mm drills and costs just $5. It works from mobile charge block (not included). Advantages: small, cheap, usual drills suit for it, comfortable for thin materials. Disadvantages: on/off button on the wire, I think it would be more comfortable on body of drill; not ergonomic body (just a cylinder), dosnt suits if you need to make perfect perpendicular hole (as you hold it in a hand and measure by eye), max drill size is 1.2mm, one speed. Overall I am happy with the purchase and will continue to use this drill.

Here is short video preview of this mini drill - 

Edited by alexfox

I have three methods to use to drill holes.

1. cordless Dremel tool with a drill chuck accessory combined with a Dremel plunge router attachment.

a. advantages; quick easy portable, unlimited throat ( no cord ).

b disadvantages; limited power (generally not an issue), limited run time ( generally not an issue ) not suited to some of the drilling tasks that I have ( edge drilling ).

2. Drill Press, along with a micro chuck for those tiny bits ( #71 ), cross slide vise for precision edge drilling.

a advantages; no running out of power during a long run of drilling holes. Precision for some edge drilling tasks, the double lidded basket that I'm working on needs hinge pin holes drilled in the edge of the lid, it's an 1/8" hole in a 5/16 thick piece, that leaves 3/64 on the sides, not much meat and I can't miss, the cross slide vise allows me to clamp the lid to be drilled and adjust exactly where the drill bit will enter the piece

3. drill guide for a handheld drill. This is Okay for rough work but just doesn't have the precision that I want.  

Edited by Wichman
clarity

My number one go to is the Scroller's Drill by Seyco. Seems to work bests and after several months of use I have yet to break a bit.

My second choice is my drill press. Primarily used for larger holes.

Third is a Dremel with the plunge router attachment. This works okay but there is play in the attachment and if you're not careful you will break bits.

My  methods:

I don't do alot of fretwork. 

1) drill press allows precise angles and longer drill bits to go straighter. 

2) hand battery drill makita.

3) I have a harbor freight $5 version that I never use.  But if I did fret work I would probably use it. 

I use my drill press most of the time.  I also use a Dremel, mounted in a drill press attachment.  Maybe not quite as versatile as the Dremel plunge router kit, but works well for me.  I rarely have a circumstance where I cannot reach a hole location by using these two.  I like the convenience of having the Dremel located near the scroll saw to catch those hole locations I missed on the DP, which is at the other end of the shop.