Good deal on wood

Trka2002

I was in Lowes yesterday buying wood and bought what I would have believed to be the worst piece of oak ever on the rack. It was 4' long and 10" wide (9.5) but I only needed 45" and about 8" wide. Took some measurements with my tape measure and found that every defect in this board could be cut out for the project I was doing. Talked to one of the representatives and he took 30% off the price. Showed my military ID at the check out, and got another 10%. Already have it cut to sizes I need, and every piece I'm cutting is perfect. I think I got a pretty good deal on the wood. wish I would have took photos of that board, but I'll post photos of finished product. 

13 hours ago, Trka2002 said:

I was in Lowes yesterday buying wood and bought what I would have believed to be the worst piece of oak ever on the rack. It was 4' long and 10" wide (9.5) but I only needed 45" and about 8" wide. Took some measurements with my tape measure and found that every defect in this board could be cut out for the project I was doing. Talked to one of the representatives and he took 30% off the price. Showed my military ID at the check out, and got another 10%. Already have it cut to sizes I need, and every piece I'm cutting is perfect. I think I got a pretty good deal on the wood. wish I would have took photos of that board, but I'll post photos of finished product. 

Hah! that's my problem .Forgetting to show the club,SSV.You raped them good for you,lol

I buy my lumber from Paxton lumber  they only are avable in 3 states popular is priced to a study customer $2.10 there regular price is $2.60 Which is about 1/2 the price at Lowes or H.D. dthey also have cherry at $3.6 per board ft,  it is all keln dried onde in a while it has to be re pllained. 3/4 lumber is actually .800.Best prices that I can find.

IKE

13 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

First off, Thank you for your service.. 

I don't know how any scroll sawers can afford to buy your lumber from any box store such as Lowes, Menards and Homedepot.. I'd be checking around for a local sawmill.. 

Kevin, sometimes there is no option to buying from the big box stores(BBS), I know that I have no option. Even the selection at the BBS around here are pitiful, the only type of hardwood they carry is hard maple and if your lucky you might find a descent piece of oak. For me to get anything other them those two types of hardwood, I have to drive over 90 miles to another BBS. And the selection there still isn't anything to write home about, try to get a piece of Cherry, Walnut, or Purpleheart  it isn't available most of the time. And if I have to order it in, it takes at least two weeks to get it.

Len