New to the Village from Alabama

HazyG

Found this site today and thought it looked like a great place to learn.

Did a lot of scroll sawing as a kid growing up but that was a long time ago.

I am trying to get back into it now, although Grizzly and Dewalt seem to want me to wait a while longer :curse: (there's a horror story that goes with that comment).

Look forward to learning from those who know much more than I about scrolling.

Wished i'd have started alot younger .The big box stores have saws for about a hundred just to get going again.I started with a 14" ,16"18"and now have a 20" thats being set up .I think 22" will be as big as i'll go .Welcome to ssv. Can't wait to see your past work if you have photos availiable.I'll bet you know a lot of tricks with all that experiance under your belt.Have you wore out any saws?In two years i ruined 7 saws.Wish timex made a saw so it could take my lickings,lol.sorry about the bad experiences.There's a thousand patterns here at ssv.Hope you'll ad somemore soon.Craigs list down here is loaded with saws all the time at low prices .Good place to look for one.In my city on craigs is a osscillating spindle sander,a hitachi scroll saw,a stand up dust collector,a grinder sharpener and a router for $350.00.Wish i could get it .See you soon.

Hey Gary,

Welcome to the site. I too wish I'd have started many moons ago. It's great therapy for us old farts, though. I started with a Craftsman and was hooked right away. I have since upgraded but would never give up the experience I had with the Craftsman.

Dan

Hi Gary. Welcome to the Village. We're glad you found us. I'm also glad to hear you're picking up the scroll saw again. Creativity in scroll sawn art has come a long ways. Its amazing what folks come up with by using such a simple tool. I think you'll really get a kick out of it. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Anyway, welcome aboard. Jump in and have some fun! :cool:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...