4" Table Saw

Vector01

Looking to make my own frames. The problem is space and money. I came across this one at Harbor Freight. Seems to fit the bill. I can stash it under my scroll saw when not in use. The price is right too. I don't plan on making anything big, just some frames. Has anyone had any experience with this saw?

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-mig ... 93211.html

I saw this at HF too and thought it would be neat to have something like this. I figured it would be especially good for cutting down plywood. I'd imagine it would cut through 3/4" just fine. I think the thing you'd have to look at is if the blade is straight and perpendicular to the miter slot. Then I'd look at how easy it is to get blades. A small saw like that isn't too common, so I'd check to make sure they have blades in stock. Perhaps even look at Amazon and see if they sell them too.

I didn't have a chance to look at em in the store, they were out of them. I got a rain check. They should be in next week. Shouldn't be to hard to make a simple rip fence for cutting down plywood. I have different types of wood available. I can give it a workout and see how it handles. If there's any problems with it I can return it within 30 days. They have plenty of blades, I'll pick up an extra.

Sorry to give you bad news. Don't waste your mony.

I work for woodcraft and have a harbor freight in our town. At least once a week we have someone come in that has bought one of these saws looking for a better one.

I took some petty cash to buy one to test. It won't cut 1/4 inch baltic ply without bogging down.

The only one I know of that will do the job is Proxon.

Amother option is a pitchure frame maker kit that woodcraft sells. It has a very good miter saw.

Carlton