Custom Names in Any Animal Puzzle

Iguanadon

3 minutes ago, Wooden Lace said:

I think some clarification is called for.  We seem to be talking about two different kinds of custom patterns.  In Iggy's post, his example was the actual pet's name in that animal's shape, instead of just the  type of animal.  He mentioned that if they weren't willing to pay the extra $20, usually they would end up simply buying the generic puzzle.

To me, that's different than if someone simply wanted an animal that wasn't currently available, but would be suitable for anyone.  In that case, I would think they would expect that the designer would add it to his inventory.  They are simply paying a premium to get it before he got around to drawing it for general use....if he ever did for that animal.

Would like to note that I love his puzzles, and have 50-60 of them myself.  I used to cut them when I was doing shows, until the business went a totally different direction.  On the shelf above my desk right now I have the Gorilla, Anteater, Bison and Rhino, all cut from 1" black walnut.

Anyway, I seem to have ruffled plenty of  feathers by not being articulate enough to clearly state what I was thinking, so that will be all for me.  I'll just fade away and not be heard from again.

So long.

Hi Nancy,

Ruffling feathers now and again is good for blood flow.  You're always welcome here.

And you hit the nail on the head in everything you said, but especially when you said "To me, that's different than if someone simply wanted an animal that wasn't currently available, but would be suitable for anyone.  In that case, I would think they would expect that the designer would add it to his inventory.  They are simply paying a premium to get it before he got around to drawing it for general use....if he ever did for that animal."

I've had a couple of requests for breeds of dog that Harvey hadn't already drawn.  The customer paid the $20 fee and Harvey absolutely added it to his inventory as I would expect him to.  The ones I recently custom ordered for myself, the PIG and the COW that say BBQ... I paid $20 each for those and I expect him to make them available if anyone were to want them.  I paid to have something made that wasn't available based on my specific need.  If someone else likes it and wants it, great.  I'm glad they saw it, liked it and wanted it and it was now available.

My 2 cents.

Iggy