2 RBI HAWK SCROLL SAWS FOR SALE

Sam777

Iggy needs to reply on the $850 machine since it is a Bushwhacker model.

Re the $275 machine: it looks like something is missing on the blower assembly. Looks like they might have just taped the hose to the rigid arm to do the job.

Any idea of the year of manf?

Several months ago I bought a 1998 used Hawk like the model shown as a backup for $100. Recently dusted it off when my DeWalt went in the shop. The only problem I had was with the air blower assembly. The part which the air hose attaches broke off but I was able to mend with epoxy.

So far the machine works quite well. I've been cutting hardwood puzzles with Pegas MG #5 and #7 blades.

For the record I am not a Hawk fan as I had to return a saw to RBI because of excessive vibration which they could not solve. Must have been around 2010 + or -.

But I must say this 1998 model is running quite nicely.

Advice: test out the saw before you buy. $275 seems reasonable if it is in good shape. Offer less however. I'm assuming the Bushton folks still sell parts for repair. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Bushton has the owners manual online for free or they can sell you a DVD for a nominal fee.

bb

This is the one I have been looking at.  Been corresponding with the seller, and may have made a good new internet friend.  I don't have the money to buy it, but we have been having fun discussing a possible trades.  This afternoon I opted out, I just flat have no room nor real need for it, but I hope we keep in touch, it has been so much fun.  

This is a beautiful saw. 

https://spokane.craigslist.org/tls/d/rbi-hawk-scroll-saw-like-new/6283814439.html

In mid America to the east coast I think this would have sold in a couple days, out here in the NW,,,, good luck.

Just for clarification, this might be a 226, but I'm pretty sure it is not a BM.  RBI never made this model saw, but notice the RB I stickers.   The sticker Bushton puts on the saw for the Tension guide is wrong for the BM, but at least it has settings listed for the G4, but this one lists the 220/226.  The yellow sticker on the top arm isn't on the current crop, or at least not mine.  The tension know is also the older Hawk style (if this is a early model BM, perhaps they used old Hawk parts, but somehow I doubt it.)  If this is really an early BM, I would find it incredibly interesting that they put RBI branding on it . . . just saying!

With all the stickers they show, they didn't show the sticker with the Serial Number/Model.  I would definitely suggest they post that as proof.

If I'm right, they have grossly mis-labeled the saw and it is worth no where near $800.

IMG_0532.thumb.JPG.6f6d2c3ba1fe042ad53f4a244cc5308b.JPG

Edited by hotshot

13 minutes ago, hotshot said:

Just for clarification, this might be a 226, but I'm pretty sure it is not a BM.  Notice the RBI stickers.  RBI never made this model saw, but notice the RB I stickers.   The sticker Bushton puts on the saw for the Tension guide has setting for the G4, but this one lists the 220/226.  As such, it is worth no where near what is being asked.

Yeah but we all know they use whatever stickers they have on hand right :) 

If you look at it ( I haven't looked yet..) but the plain 226VS and 226 Ultras the lower arm was behind the angle adjustment mechanism.. The G4 and newer saws had that lower arm come out past the angle mechanism.. Just for another reference..  

18 minutes ago, hotshot said:

Just for clarification, this might be a 226, but I'm pretty sure it is not a BM.  Notice the RBI stickers.  RBI never made this model saw, but notice the RB I stickers.   The sticker Bushton puts on the saw for the Tension guide has setting for the G4, but this one lists the 220/226.  As such, it is worth no where near what is being asked.

Well, Guess I should have looked at the ad.. The 226 is a G4.. That 220 is a old one.. The newer 220's was machined out fora round insert in the lower arm at the back for the wedge.. I can't see it real good in the photo but I think it has no round insert just a machined arm.. 

12 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Well, Guess I should have looked at the ad.. The 226 is a G4.. That 220 is a old one.. The newer 220's was machined out fora round insert in the lower arm at the back for the wedge.. I can't see it real good in the photo but I think it has no round insert just a machined arm.. 

Your right, I don't see the machine wedge "circle" in the top arm.   I totally missed that.  Good catch.

I think the evidence definitely points to a Pre-Bushton model.  I just can't understand why they would advertise it as a BM.  I wonder if they didn't just go to the Bushton site to get more info for the saw, and mistakenly think the BM matched the model they had.  If not, then they are very dishonest.

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

This is the one I have been looking at.  Been corresponding with the seller, and may have made a good new internet friend.  I don't have the money to buy it, but we have been having fun discussing a possible trades.  This afternoon I opted out, I just flat have no room nor real need for it, but I hope we keep in touch, it has been so much fun.  

This is a beautiful saw. 

https://spokane.craigslist.org/tls/d/rbi-hawk-scroll-saw-like-new/6283814439.html

In mid America to the east coast I think this would have sold in a couple days, out here in the NW,,,, good luck.

Scrapile, the link you posted is defiantly the G4, and there are certain things about that saw that I think are a definite strengths.  When RBI was looking to improve their saw, they went to Cast Iron for the main supports.  Notice that both sides are connected, so it is one solid piece.  On the BM this two separate pieces, similar to the pre-G4s.  I'm pretty sure that cast Iron was too expensive for Bushton to continue.  Having nothing to do with functionality, but from an aesthetics point, look at the speed control knob.  The BM reverted to the same one that was used on the Hawks prior to the G4.  You are right about that being one beautiful saw.

I had the chance to get a G4 years ago for dirt cheap, but I was new to the hobby and didn't understand what I was looking at.  I've always thought about that deal I let slip away.  But I've been fortunate to find some incredible deals since then.  If you are within driving distance, you might make him a offer you can live with (contingent on testing out the saw).

Lot of posts in this thread, so if you are lost:  I believe the first link in Sams post in the pre-Bushton Hawk 226, the second in Sams post, the pre-Bushton Hawk 220, and the one in Scrappiles' post is most certainly a G4.

-----Randy

Edited by hotshot

9 minutes ago, hotshot said:

Scrapile, the link you posted is defiantly the G4, and there are certain things about that saw that I think are a definite strengths.  When RBI was looking to improve their saw, they went to Cast Iron for the main supports.  I'm pretty sure that was too expensive for Bushton to continue.  Having nothing to do with functionality, but from an aesthetics point, look at the speed control knob.  The BM reverted to the same one that was used on the Hawks prior to the G4.  You are right about that being one beautiful saw.

I had the chance to get a G4 years ago for dirt cheap, but I was new to the hobby and didn't understand what I was looking at.  I've always thought about that deal I let slip away.  But I've been fortunate to find some incredible deals since then.  If you are within driving distance, you might make him a offer you can live with (contingent on testing out the saw).

-----Randy

Oh, I am in driving distance, just a nice day trip, but I just do not need another saw, nor do I have room.  The seller and I have emailed back and forth many times, I feel we are friends now,, but I just do not have a big enough work shop.  We have had a great time discussing things I have to trade.  It will be for sale a while, scrolling in not a big thing in the NW...

35 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Oh, I am in driving distance, just a nice day trip, but I just do not need another saw, nor do I have room.  The seller and I have emailed back and forth many times, I feel we are friends now,, but I just do not have a big enough work shop.  We have had a great time discussing things I have to trade.  It will be for sale a while, scrolling in not a big thing in the NW...

What about the bathroom? . . . . . . Just kidding.  I'm pretty much helpless in these matters . . . I ran out of room three saws ago, but if an Eclipse came up for sale cheap, I'm not sure what I would do.

Edited by hotshot