Hawk RBI 220VS

Sam777

You need the serial number and call Bushton to know what year it is.  Can get a ball park idea by what style lower clamp it has. Round barrel looking clamp would be earlier one... guessing 1996 ish is when they went to a different clamp. Maybe earlier than that not sure but I’m pretty sure the 96 year had the newer clamp.

I bought one of the originals back in 1985 at the Woodworking show in Colorado Springs. It was a two speed the required changing the belt to a different pulley groove. It came with 80 free blades of all configurations. I never used it and ended up selling it to a neighbor but I'll bet the serial number on it might have been around 3 also.

Ray

1 hour ago, Sam777 said:

I actually called them and this one is a 1993. I was advised to look for a newer one.

A piece of advice they told me.

If the saw has anAC Fasco motor, they no longer support them and it would cost around $300 to replace.

To thank you

Sam

Yeah.. that's what they told me when I bought my 1993 220VS.. I felt it was worth the chance at $100 bucks though.. as I was only looking to try a Hawk out.. and didn't figure I'd get any cheaper chance too do so..  So far mine has been a pleasure to use with no issues.. though I don't think it had much use before I got it either..