Kitten and puppy boxes

Jim Finn

" I use one Pattern and Just  put the different wood under it for the next color."  I do index the pattern on the background so that I can place it to the exact same spot again.  I need to do this after inlaying the body of this puppy in order to redraw the interior inlays on it, like the eyes and mouth etc.  I use a printed pattern and carbon paper for applying the image to the wood.  Yes it can be tricky.

Jim.  

You never seem to run out of ideas. Once more you opened everyone's mouths in awh. I can not imagine how you can cut the different inlays so that they are able to blend as one. Just one contrasting kind of wood in an inlay is difficult enough but several different ones at the same time???  Blows me away

Dick

heppnerguy

19 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Fantastic work, as always, Jim,

It's amazing how much difference the addition of the walnut around the puppy's eye makes.
Do you also have to inlay the think whiskers on the kitten? Just my curiosity.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

Thank you all for the kind words. The whiskers are just saw cuts filled with my standard filler made of white glue and sanding dust.  I no longer put that walnut spot around that one eye.  Still looks good and one less inlay step.  I am trying to mass produce these so in an effort to keep the cost and inlay time down I have eliminated it.