Plywood pencil box

Phantom Scroller

5 hours ago, jollyred said:

Like the idea of reusing scrap plywood.  I might try this.  I wonder if it would be worthwhile to get some self stick edging veneer and put it around the top?  That would hide the raw edge of the plywood and make it more like solid wood.

Good point the iron on stuff got some of that somewhere. :thumbs: Roly

2 hours ago, Phantom Scroller said:

Thanks all I'll have to make some more rubbish plywood bits. haa haaa:lol: you lot rock!  Roly

Hey one mans rubbish is another mans gold or as me ol man used to tell me get in there boy one mans S*** is another mans treasure always wondered if he meant that or used it as an encouragement to get me in the rubbish pile while he waited for me to pass out the so called gold :):) Great idea Roly and I am sure they will sell rather well at a sale .

14 minutes ago, oldhudson said:

Good idea and great use of cut-offs. Is the same image on all 4 sides? Are the corners mitered, butt joint or something else? Certainly a fine substitute for the 'coffee mugs' that occupy most desk tops. 

The birds are on the front only and the other two I made today have splines of dark mahogany in the mitred joints I used the old trick of sticking the four sides on tape then gluing the joints then used my favourite nail gun.  I could go over the top and put them on all four sides but they are ply boxes :lol: Perhaps I might make some in a hardwood and spend a bit more time on them with dovetails joints. :thumbs: Roly

7 hours ago, blights69 said:

Hey one mans rubbish is another mans gold or as me ol man used to tell me get in there boy one mans S*** is another mans treasure always wondered if he meant that or used it as an encouragement to get me in the rubbish pile while he waited for me to pass out the so called gold :):) Great idea Roly and I am sure they will sell rather well at a sale .

Haa haa my ol man used to say get out from under my feet. I can't think why after all I learned a lot of my skills from him. :? Roly