About ornament exchange

Here the rules and what I need 

thank you for joining 

Christmas In July Ornament Exchange 

Hi Everyone I thought I would try a Ornament exchange in July
I think it would be something different and fun.

Anyone that would like to participate, please send me the following information via PM or email. The cut off date will be around the middle of June. I'm hoping to get more people to sign up. I should have your list of addresses to you by the end of June . That should allow for enough time for those international packages.

Is there any suggestions on what i can do to encourage more people to sign up?

Please provide the following information if you would like to participate:

Name
Address
Board name
How many ornaments you would like to make (anywhere from 1 to all

General Guidelines:

1. Ornament type/pattern is up to you.

2. You get to choose how many ornaments you would like to make. It can be anywhere from 1 to everyone in the group. The choice is yours. So even those folks on a limited income can participate. You do NOT have to send one to everyone in the swap.

3. You are responsible for all postage costs to send out your ornament. Be sure to take this into consideration when making your ornament and committing to the number you'll send out. Flat ornaments will be easier to package and cheaper to ship.

4. Please package your ornament securely. We've had issues in the past where ornaments were destroyed in transit because the postal machine was hungry for wood. Usually a little cardboard and a padded envelope will work. I wouldn't recommend putting your ornament into just a Christmas card or just an envelope and mailing it.

Please include your screen name from the boards in the package since most folks will recognize that name before they recognize your real name. Most folks include some type of card with their screen name and real name.

6. We try to wait until just about everyone has received their ornaments so that we don't ruin the surprise. Please wait until at least after christmas to post pics.

7. Have fun. It's so much fun going to the mailbox hoping that you have another ornament waiting for you. Definitely much better than getting a pile of bills!

Any questions, please let me know

My Email Address is david71372@yahoo.com

Thanks David

• 2 weeks later...

i forgot about this, too. my apologies. I've been busy with health issues, & tryin' to keep myself from gettin' grounded from the shop.;) a couple hours at time is about all I can handle for now, & that's not every day.:( but i'm workin' at gettin' more time in the shop. My tools are callin' my handful of friends lookin' for work!;):)

• 3 months later...

Well I am extremely disappointed in this. Only three signed up for this, myself included.  At the end of July, I sent out my two packages with a nice assortment of ornaments. I even sent the receipiants a PM with the shipping info. In mid August I received an ornament from Dave who set this up. As of today, I still have not received anything from the second member. No response from my PM or anything. I know the package was delivered as I checked with USPS tracking. 

I used to participate in the Christmas ornament exchange on the other forum. Got lots of great ornaments from folks from all over the world. But the last few years it has gone down hill. I haven’t participated the last two years. I thought it might be fun to try again, but I guess no one was interested. I have been doing an ornament exchange with a couple of folks privately, and enjoy that. I guess I will just stick to that from now on.