Site Question

Lastchance

How about a Tips and Tricks section? I see where there are some posted on the newsletter, but what about a post section for them here?

Here's an example: Find an old refrigerator or freezer, remove the magnetic strips from the old door seals. Stick them to the side edge of your scroll saw. Since they are very flexible and long , they can bend with the contures of most machines or stands. Then hang your blades and other useful light weight stuff from them. I also use them on the wall for tacks, nails, washers and stuff. Then again, I glue them across the top of my push broom so I can quickly sweep up nails or other metal things I may drop.

Just a thought.

Chance

Kool beans ,!Your thinkin!i like your style.Tips and tricks is a very needed item for us scrollers.I forget all i know! :)By the way craigs list has very low priced scroll saws used to get you through the hump of not haveing one when you saw is down,a back up saw.I have three 2- 18." 1- 16"plus my 20"i use all the time.i've seen saws as low as 25 bucks.I just traded for a brand new 18 craftsman that they did'nt want any more.i had to enlarge the access hole to change the bottom blade so my hand would fit in it to reach the thumb screw.Guess it was designed for chinese hands to fit in there! lol :)that's why i was asking what state you were in as you could borrow one of my saws.

That's a great tip. Yah, we use to have a bunch in the Newsletter. But I've been so busy with pretty much everything, the newsletter has fallen to the wayside. Speaking of which, if anybody wants to take over the newsletter, I'd sure welcome the help. ;)

If you'd like to share a few more of your great tips, the General Scroll Sawing is usually the best place to put those. I try not to have too many separate forums on a site (I might even merge a couple in the future). It drives me nuts when I go to a website that has 40 forums, I never know where to start...LOL :lol::eye::?