Bouys on a Fence Post

Very well done, Barb.  I think maybe intarsia is your nitch.  I like the rope the way you did.  The next military I build, after I finish the four I am working on, is going to be for me.   I have plans to make the border rope in pieces like you did the rope for your piece.  Each twist being a single piece.  Plus some other things to make it more special.  That way I will not be so quick to give it away as I have been in the past.  I seem to always end up not having one for myself.

18 hours ago, munzieb said:

A beautifully done project. Love the contrasting colors. Now get out to Nova Scotia or Maine and enjoy the real thing. I hear the Lobster and clams are great this time of year.😊

I do get to enjoy the real thing.  Our 36' Carver boat is going in the water today!  Not the best picture.

20220603_183745_01.jpg

15 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Very well done, Barb.  I think maybe intarsia is your nitch.  I like the rope the way you did.  The next military I build, after I finish the four I am working on, is going to be for me.   I have plans to make the border rope in pieces like you did the rope for your piece.  Each twist being a single piece.  Plus some other things to make it more special.  That way I will not be so quick to give it away as I have been in the past.  I seem to always end up not having one for myself.

Thanks.  I am really enjoying the intarsia.  The rope wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I also was thinking, if it is old rope, it isn't always symmetrical!

• barb.j.enders changed the title to Buoys on a Fence Post
  • barb.j.enders changed the title to Bouys on a Fence Post
10 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

What a cool boy....when do we....you...set sail. Are you planning a trip on it this summer to some far off place?

Dick

heppnerguy

Boat went in the water on Friday.  Any time you want to come north, I would be happy to take you out.  No long trips planned yet.  Longedt we've done was 5 days. Down to Timber Island on Lake of the Woods. 

20230903_104539.jpg

20230906_095506.jpg