Pritt stick

savethebeer

Just wondering if anyone here ever changed to the glue sticks from spray-on glue to stick on the patterns.

I've seen videos where patterns are stuck on with glue stick and seem to work ok. I'm just wondering is there much lifting of the pattern compared to spray-on? 

I tend to be a bit heavy with the spray to make sure I get full coverage on the pattern, so I'm open to any suggestions.

Bob

I don't use either spray or glue sticks so I have no idea.. I use full sheet self adhesive shipping labels.. I buy in bulk for a great price.. can't imagine how many cans of spray or how many glue sticks it'd take to glue 2000 sheets of paper.. but I'm betting more than $50  -75 worth that I get the labels for.. plus.. no mess.. no fuss just print, peel and stick.. 

2 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

I don't use either spray or glue sticks so I have no idea.. I use full sheet self adhesive shipping labels.. I buy in bulk for a great price.. can't imagine how many cans of spray or how many glue sticks it'd take to glue 2000 sheets of paper.. but I'm betting more than $50  -75 worth that I get the labels for.. plus.. no mess.. no fuss just print, peel and stick.. 

Kevin, Most of my projects are bigger than one sheet..........how do you handle that?

1 hour ago, Dave Monk said:

Kevin, Most of my projects are bigger than one sheet..........how do you handle that?

Well, most all my work is just one sheet.. I do have a printer that prints 11 x 17 papers.. and what little I do with the larger stuff I do use the 3M spray for those.. but it's only about 2-4 times a year..so for the most part just the full sheet labels work for me.. and I spray that nasty stuff outside of the shop.. that over spray gets stuck to anything it lands on.. Maybe because I use the 3M 77 stuff.. just because it's also used on the auto-body industry for many things from gluing sandpapers to the sanding pads to holding emblems and moldings on the cars.. But I try my best not to use it..     

I gave Kevin's labels a try. I bought a 100 pack on Amazon. So far I like them. But, my question to Kevin is this. How do you work with a small pattern on a huge label? It seems like such a waste to put a 3" pattern on an 11" sheet of paper. I'm not proficient yet with resizing my patterns or telling the printer how I want it printed. Maybe a little tutorial from you would be appreciated. So far though, I like the labels. Neat and clean and they stick very well.

3 hours ago, octoolguy said:

I gave Kevin's labels a try. I bought a 100 pack on Amazon. So far I like them. But, my question to Kevin is this. How do you work with a small pattern on a huge label? It seems like such a waste to put a 3" pattern on an 11" sheet of paper. I'm not proficient yet with resizing my patterns or telling the printer how I want it printed. Maybe a little tutorial from you would be appreciated. So far though, I like the labels. Neat and clean and they stick very well.

If you have excel or another word processing program its easy to size your pattern to any size you want. 
1- open excel
2- insert picture
3- grab the little side thingy to make it the size you want

4- view in page layout. this will show you the page breaks.

If your patterns are pdfs, print it out first. scan it or take a picture with your phone and email it to yourself. Use that as your jpg. 

4- 

3 hours ago, octoolguy said:

1 hour ago, crupiea said:

If you have excel or another word processing program its easy to size your pattern to any size you want. 
1- open excel
2- insert picture
3- grab the little side thingy to make it the size you want

4- view in page layout. this will show you the page breaks.

If your patterns are pdfs, print it out first. scan it or take a picture with your phone and email it to yourself. Use that as your jpg. 

4- 

Darn! I have so much to learn. I sure wish one of you smart folks lived next door to me. I need help. I spend so much time on the computer trying figure out all the software packages that I never have time left to scroll. Thanks for the help Tony. I'll give that a try. Can I also place it anywhere on the page I want it to it will print in one of the four quadrants?