Design Suggestions?

kmmcrafts

A week or so ago I asked in the pattern request section that I was looking for a medical assistant type Christmas ornament. Nobody knew of anything really, so I made my own... but... I don’t like it. Looking for some suggestions on how to design this to look more sementrical. I stretched the A out and made it fatter than the M to help with the uneven look to it. 

Not being much of a designer aside from throwing / merging images together or adding text etc. I just don’t know any way to design this thing to look right. 

Let me know if you might have a suggestion since I’m quite limited on pattern design I have no clue. 

Sometimes I’ve seen something not look quite right on paper but is fine in the wood so I test cut a stack of two. Photo below,  personally in this case... I think it looked better on paper. Lol

HELP 😂 

F5F6BE31-1031-4D3A-A3C0-81068DC3D0C8.jpeg

2 hours ago, JimErn said:

Before changing fonts, I would stretch the A horizontally to see how it looks

Thanks Jim- I did that already. Maybe I could have done it a little further but I already stretched it a long ways.. and the feet of the A are already almost twice as fat as the legs on the M.. so I thought it might look too obvious if I went any further with the stretching.

14 hours ago, MrsN said:

I would maybe make it more of an oval so that both the letters touched the side. 

Also, I think if the M was a font that was more angled to match the A it would be better.

My 2 cents.

The Oval idea might help do the trick. I may toy around with that idea when I rework my pattern.. Thanks for the suggestion

41 minutes ago, fredfret said:

IMove the letters down they will touch the caduceus and the edges.

Fredfret

You know.. That might be the ticket.. I had not thought about trying that.. I did think about putting MA on one side and adding the year in on the other side.. since the recipients are graduating MA classes this year I thought maybe adding the year to be more meaningful.. Not real sure what I'll do yet..  but is interesting to hear some of these suggestions.. Keep them coming if you have any ideas.. just not too complicated as I'm no pattern wizard LOL