Bear Woods

Rockytime

I ordered a gross of Pegas blades. It is now the end of the seventh day and no blades. I'm sure they will show up but it seems to be pretty slow. I've ordered blades and patterns from Wooden Teddy Bear and always receive them within three days. This has been my first order from Bear Woods and I'm hoping this just an aberration. I'm wondering what experience others may have had. I'll probably receive them tomorrow. I could have ordered from D&D but looking at their website there were so many options it became confusing to me. I'm hoping Bear Woods turns out OK for me as they carry lots of things that are of interest to me.

I ordered some clocks from them about 6-8 years ago.. they took a very long time to get here... While they were good clocks and I didn't really have any issues with them.. The slow shipping is why i never ordered from them again.. at the time I ordered.. I didn't know they was from Canada.. until I looked at my packing slip when my package arrived.. then it was like.. OH.. that's why it took so long..   

I live in Canada and buy from Bear Woods, delivery is six seven days on most items. If I send a letter from my town to the town sixty klicks down the road it takes six or seven days as well. Far from me to figger out our postal system.

The Bear Woods site comes up in U.S  currency when I access from Scroll Saw Workshop,  there is a tab to access items in Canadian dollars. To compare, U.S is usually much less than our dollar.

I also buy blades from Mike's, delivery is about seven or eight days, similar price when exchange is calculated. There isn't any duty or border charges and the postal charge is about the same, something like $4.00

I also buy from Saw Bird, a distributor some six hours drive from us. Delivery maybe a day or two earlier, postal service is $4.00 for blades They come in an envelope. 

Bear Woods is on the West coast near Vancouver and close to the border, It appears that Steve Good is associated with them.

Bear Woods sells U,S clock manufactured items, these are a little more expensive, but much better than the ones I bought from Eastern Canada that were labelled from China. 

I have phoned each distributer and get exceptional, cordial treatment.

Apologize for getting long worded, it is a hereditary thing. Just hope this trade issue doesn't interfere with my scroll saw hobby.