Rust-a-ration

GPscroller

14 hours ago, GPscroller said:

This was the 2011 People's Choice pattern winner in 2011 in SSWW&C.  Saw it when going through some old issues and had to cut it.  Pattern by Kerry Hallam and he was nice enough to send me the pattern (he also did the patterns for two others I have cut, Battle Cry and Waiting, two of my favorite cuts).  Stack cut three 1/8" BB ply, approx 13 X  17 inches, cut using Sawbird #3 UR and #2 spiral.  Probably 90 % of the cuts were with the spirals, so they are not really "dreaded" any more lol.  Frame made out of some old drawer sides.

Jeff

rust-a-ration framed.JPG

Jeff, this is a wonderful pattern and you sure did it justice. I am glad you are not afraid of the spiral blades as they certainly add to getting delicate cuts to come out without them breaking while you are cutting them. I too have been using spirals more and that added time with them really pays off for this kind of cutting. Too bad more people do not take the time to learn to use them better. 

Dick

heppnerguy