Pegas blade holer question

sawdust1

Your question mentions Pegas blade holder but doesn't mention what you want to know about the blade holder?  I don't do thick wood cutting so i probably cannot answer that question... however.. doesn't matter what thickness you're cutting.. if there is an issue with blade clamping.. it could be many things besides the holders itself..

Maybe give a little more details to your question.. what type of problem are you having... what saw are you using? stock blade holders? or the Pegas ones.. I had issues with my stock blade holders from day 1 with my Excalibur.. no matter if I was even cutting or not.. just insert the blade and run the saw it would slip out from time to time.. but not any once I put the Pegas on... that said... I've really hardly used the Excalibur saw even with the new Pegas holders.. Just like using the Hawk so much better..

Anyway.. give a little more info.. maybe someone will have some suggestions..  

Okay makes sense I suppose.. Maybe you got a defective holder? I would think they would have you go through a series of adjustments to try before sending you another set.. could be the saw is out of wack.. could be the screws slipping and need cleaned.. blades come with a oil film on them to keep them from rusting.. that il can build up on the thumb screw or set screw and cause these things.. 

Hopefully the new set will get things working correctly.