my Hawk g4

Clayton717

This is the saw I bought from auction after asking the questions on here. After getting it home I realized it was a little bigger than expected and my shop was a little to small to add another tool. So I added a small addition to hold the Hawk. It looks to be in great shape. I broke the air blower hose when unloading that's why its a different color. It came with a magnifying light, and the small "side tray" but didn't get them back on before I took the pic. I haven't use it much yet. the blade change may take a little getting used to. I'm thinking of using this for my intarsia and my EX 21 for the fretwork for now.

hawk 2.jpg

hawk g4.jpg

The G-4 is the one I think I would want.  Solely based on forum discussions with other Hawk owners.  I seldom see them in my end of the country.  I missed out on one about a year ago.  I think it was about double the price you said you paid for your!

Congrats on yours,,, please let us know how you like it after some use.

Edited by Scrappile

😀

Yeah, I have to say even after using my 226VS for 3 weeks every day my chubby fingers still have a hard time getting in and tightening the upper blade clamp. I might start looking at doing something about that. Other than that issue, I'm loving mine.

I hope you get the blade change and tension sorted out.

Edited by jbrowning

44 minutes ago, jbrowning said:

😀

Yeah, I have to say even after using my 226VS for 3 weeks every day my chubby fingers still have a hard time getting in and tightening the upper blade clamp. I might start looking at doing something about that. Other than that issue, I'm loving mine.

I hope you get the blade change and tension sorted out.

This is what I use on my 220VS ultra. I prefer it over the winged knob. Plenty of torque and easier on the fingers. See your local hardware store.

4-20180721_125633.jpg

17 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Congrats on the new purchase, Clayton,
I hope you enjoy it and I really hope I run across some sort of good deal on a scroll saw soon.

I'm pretty cheap so, it may take me some time to find a saw that I like in my budget.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Spirithores, where do you live? Here in my area (So. Cal.) there are many great deals on top line saws on C/L. I have bought two of them and I feel that I stole both of them.