Covering Dewalt/Delta Switch

jerry1939

A week or 2 ago the subject came up about dust in the switch of a Dewalt/Delta.  Today I put 2" blue tape over mine.  Time will tell if it holds up.  I first wrapped a piece on the curved part in front.  Next put a piece over half of the switch (on top).  If you do that, take a scissors & cut along the side where the wrinkle would be before folding the side down.

jerry

DSCN0527.JPG

First time I taped mine.. I did as you with just the masking tape... however the tape shortly started ripping from using the switch.. yes.. I use the switch from time to time even though I have a foot switch.. before you know it the tape was funneling the dust down to the switch, LOL.. so then i used the palm of a latex glove cut it out so it completely covered the switch.. then taped the edges of the glove down.. this allows the use of the switch still without ripping / cracking the tape... This works for about 6-8 years before needing to replace the latex piece..

Like I said.. I use the switch on the saw when working on the saw or tuning it etc.. when standing.. some large cuttings I have to stand so i use the saw switch instead of my foot switch.. as I have my foot switch mounted to the lower portion of the deWalt stand.. where it's perfect when sitting on my stool.. but pretty awkward if I'm standing to reach my foot on that lower ledge of the stand.. I have the click on click off switch on the DeWalt.. I prefer this style over the one I have to keep my foot on.. and it's also nice for using the saw while standing.. as I can just kick it on and then use the saw switch.. without having to disconnect everything..