Estate Sale Find

kmmcrafts

Was just at an estate sale where the guy did woodwork crafts of many types.. scroll work, pyrography, power carving etc etc also did leather work and sewing etc.. Had 5 scroll saws... mostly Hegners probably should have bought me a $50 Hegner but I have 5 saws of my own...LOL

Pretty sure I'll be buying the stash of Cherry and Walnut lumber for $100.. Guessing at least 500 Bft of each.. he had two good sized sheds full of it.. all was rough cut so it needs machined down.. The sale hasn't actually started.. I got people that knew my work that contacted me about this sale and I had first dibs on most anything.. no family and the lady cleaning the place out just wants it gone so they can put the house on the market..Might buy the pyrography machine.. with all the little pen attachments.. and clean out the sheds of the lumber.. This guy had three shops full of high end tools... just too bad that it's more than I have room for and also to be fair.. more than I have money for as well.. 

Yeah Ray.. well I have a whole 24 x 24 pole barn full of old antique John Deere Garden tractors.. worth a fortune that I got awesome deals on.. that I purchased with the intent to flip it for a buck... I just don't need to bring anymore stuff home that I plan to resell at this moment.. Plus.. my 24 x 32 wood shop is filling up with more tools than I need..since I have 5 scroll saws now.. dust collector big bandsaw planner jointer and well you get the idea.. Just not anything I need in this sale.. Now.. had the pastor not just come and took those 22" Hegners.. I'd have one of those and sell one of my Hawks ( maybe )... as i want to try a Hegner... but not a single speed mini one LOL. They asked me what some of the things was and what the value was.. I said the little guy was probably $75 - 100 ish..  

The kicker of this whole deal is.. they person who hooked me up with these presale deals... said the deceased persons pastor came and just took the guys Cadillac and three of the Hegner saws.. There was only one Hegner there when i got there and it's a real small one.. I almost thought it was a toy at first.. but it's not.. Not sure what their smallest saw is.. It was probably the 14" saw.. though it seemed smaller than that.. was a single speed and no quick release lever up front.. tag showed 1984.. I should have took note of the tag for the model.. I still could get it and have contemplated it.. Was sort of hard for me to walk away on some of this stuff.. but in reality I don't need any of it.. I made an offer of the wood.. I can use it but it'll be a year or better down the road before I can even use it up.. I just bought ( yesterday ) about $500 worth of lumber that should last me close to a year for just the scroll saw clocks that I make.. I also made an offer for the pyrography tools set.. was one of those nice sets that come with the big box and a set of different pens you plug into the box unit.. with adjustable heat settings.. I was going to look it up and see what they are new.. I wanted one of these sets about 10 years ago but if I remember right they was about $150-200 just for the box and two pens.. this has at least 10 pens etc.. and is in a nice carry case etc..    

It always the case a good deal comes along after you spend money. I am sure the wood you got this weekend at the Expo is good stuff. Sometimes the wood that been in storage is not the best there maybe some great pieces but also some duds. I spent too much at the expo as well. I got Baltic birch plywood, exotic wood and some accessories for my shop.