Patterns

Scrappile

This morning as I'm sitting around convalescing from falling off a ladder I had set up in my little dump trailer (that dumped when it should not have) so I could trim some tall shrubs.... I know stupid is as stupid does... I started looking through the Village Pattern Library.  Just for something to do, not looking for anything in particular.  I have got to say, there are hundreds of great patterns in there.  If you like to do fretwork pictures,,,, do not over look the pattern library.  From simple to very detailed,, they are there.  I really didn't get very far, it would take hours to go through all of the patterns.  And, I who will never have time to do all the patterns I already have (I will not say it out loud, but I have more scroll saw patterns than my wife has quilt pattern!!).  But I found several that I just had to down load and I just know I will do them someday.  There had better be scroll saws in Heaven,,,, ya, I'll see you there, I plan on going to Heaven, and I will finish all my patterns.....

Just saying there are great pattern there, and I know I forget to look... There where/are some very talented, generous, pattern maker residing in The Village.  I really appreciate them.

For the on topic part... 😂

There sure are some awesome patterns here.. I look through them quite often.. some I have downloaded and plan to cut someday.. then customers come and order things so I seem to never get to them.. plus I just don't do a whole lot of portrait type cuttings..

Now to the off topic..

I wish my wife could find a hobby thing to do besides read books.. she always seems to wait around until I get into shop and decide I'm going to tinker around doing something like tuning a saw or doing maintenance ( I don't typically cut on weekends or on her days off ).. anyway.. she waits until I am in the middle of something and says lets go to the store.. she has a store that she likes to shop at... which also is just a 1/4 mile away from a woodcraft type store.. so she'll ask if I need anything from there hinting around.. because she gets bored if I run out to the shop to do something, LOL

Now I say I wish she'd find a hobby or craft thing to do.. and she has recently started doing some painting on canvas... I think she's very good at it to.. hopefully she will find something to do that she can enjoy.. I have a hard time just sitting.. she can watch TV.. I'm not a TV watching person.. only special things I watch and that is quite rare.. I've made it a point to watch a new show where crafters have challenges to craft things.. I think maybe Etsy put this show together? as they take etsy crafters and give them themes and challenges to make things then they are judged etc.. The show come on on NBC on Tuesday nights at 9 ( i think ) maybe 10 Eastern time..  I've been going to mention the show here but keep forgetting to do so.. Past episodes can be watch on NBC website.. show is called Making It Hope I got the name right, LOL

The closest I do to TV is Netflix.  I have not sat and watched a TV program on TV for many years. But not important, what is important, if your wife wants to paint, give her all the encouragement you can.  WOW.  I would love to have talent to paint.  Only problem with painting, she can get into it fairly cheaply.... Now quilting costs a bunch..  My wife's two sewing machines cost more than all the tool I own.  What more could you ask for.  I can buy what I want for scrolling and she dare not say a thing... coarse she has more money than I dooooooo!  Life is not really fair is it?  It's that whats hers is hers, whats mine is hers.. I pay for most the house hold expenses,,, and what pennies left over can go to my scrolling.  She pays for,,,,,, her quilting.  Oh my, if she ever see this thread, I am DEAD MEAT!!!!!

Glad you'll be OK
Ladders, considering that they are totally inanimate objects with no dangerous moving parts are one of the most dangerous tools in the shed.
About 10 years ago I broke my ankle (A forking forklift ran over it). In the hospital ward there were 8 beds, I had one, the other 7 had blokes that had fallen from ladders.
Injuries varied from damaged vertebrae, to broken arms.

Terry fell off a ladder and broke his ankle badly, surgery and 12 weeks off work, now he stays away from them.
Terry is a carpenter, so I guess I am the lucky one, no quilters in this house.  :lol:

I have not really looked in the pattern library for a long time.  I only go there when I am looking for a specific pattern, maybe one day when I have nothing else to do I will take another look.

Marg

Paul, first, stay off the ladder, especially when placed in a dump trailer or you might find yourself in heaven sooner and trying to ascertain if they do in fact have scroll saws there. We like having you here, so please keep your feet on the ground.

Second, shame on you, I hope your wife doesn’t accidentally find these posts are you sir, are in big trouble, and may find yourself outside in the dog house with the dog. 🤨 especially if Griz tattles on you. 🤔

As far as all that material, I understand. My mother was a sewer of all kinds. She too could never have enough fabric. While she sewed and made a lot, she still had enough in her house when we had to clean it out a few years ago to open her own fabric store. Some quilter or sewer hit the mother lode if they ever went into the local Habitat store after we made that donation! 😉I hate to say it, but our wood collection is getting rather large so beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or each crafter depending upon their craft of choice. 😉

as far as expense of our toys, err, tools, hubby still has me beat when you factor in all of his wood working tools,  but especially the boat and jet skis. So, I figure with those alone, I have a long way to go to catch up. 😏😇  Course, his favorite saying is what you said, what is his is mine, and what is mine is mine - I don’t argue. ☺️

Half the times When I looked through the pattern library ( which I agree is a great resource) I find too many I like I keep looking, get overwhelmed, I can make a decision before I know it I wasted most of my shop time. End up not cutting anything and not even settling on anything. I got problems.

not sure if looking through the pattern library while standing on a ladder will help me. Maybe I’ll give it a shot.

Edited by Brianr24