Got A New / Used Tool

kmmcrafts

So.. I ended up getting the pyrography set from the estate I had talked about the other day... $35 was worth it to me to try.. the cheap soldering iron type ones run about that much.. and this is a pro set.. Doing some research on what exactly I got turns out the company closed up.. not sure when.. But at any rate I found in the bottom of the tools plastic case.. the original receipt from 1989.. so it's older than I though.. It's a Detail Master lll  I didn't take a photo of it yet but while researching came across the same thing on ebay so i'll show that one.. I got at least 6-8 pens with it.. had to go play around and found that the thing has heat at the tip about as soon as it comes on.. unlike my old soldering iron style.. Anyway.. happy camper with it... much easier to control etc.. I also found that there are adapter cables to use other brand pens with.. so even though they are no longer in business.. I can still get new pens etc.. Always wanted to try the professional burning tools but too expensive to buy just to try them.. until now :) .. Oh.. I did make a $50 offer on the Hegner they have.. probably won't know for a few days on that one..don't care either way on that.. since it's such a small one and not really what I'd want in a saw anyway.. if it doesn't sell in the sale they did say I'd end up with it anyway.. same with all the wood they have. we'll see.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DETAIL-MASTER-III-MODEL-8124-C-TESTED-WORKS/292321905477?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649