Wooden car pattern advice please

vincek

Dose anyone have a hotrod scroll saw pattern or a car that's good for practicing.
Or could you recommend a interesting pattern book for me please .
I asked because I've brought a few books and I don't like the images and they aren't very good.
I just want shapes that I can follow and cut different types of wood for the different sections.
I'm trying to make this for a lad with learning disabilities and I want to get him to glue it and Finnish it as a treat.
Help thank you

Steve Good has a 4x4 truck pattern that is really quite simple to make and really cool once done.. And the good thing is.. the pattern is free..

Check out http://www.stevedgood.com/catalog/index.php Not sure where the link will take you but do a search for truck.. there is a couple toy type patterns there that might suit your needs..

I've got to ask.. are you looking for puzzle patterns or something like a model car type pattern? You mentioned so the lad could glue it together so I don't think we have anything here in the pattern library on this site.. But if puzzle patterns you could buy some patterns from Scott at www.woodcraftbyscott.com  Hope I got that right.. believe he has several car / truck and maybe tractor patterns.. Below is a photo of a couple of puzzles I did from him..

il_570xN.1468027014_tqjc.jpg

il_570xN.1481956146_fn5t.jpg

6 hours ago, crupiea said:

Go to google and search images for coloring pages.   All sorts of stuff from simple to complex.

19 minutes ago, Woodrush said:

Try the 67 Camaro on Steve Goods sight

5 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Have you looked at the free patterns here.  Go to pattern library and look at the "Transportation" category, all kinds of patterns of car of all types.

If you read the last sentence of his post.. he is saying he wants something that he can have a child with disability to glue it together.. such as a wooden model car etc... Don't think a portrait style pattern is what he's looking for..

Quote from his last sentence..

"I'm trying to make this for a lad with learning disabilities and I want to get him to glue it and Finnish it as a treat."

25 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

If you read the last sentence of his post.. he is saying he wants something that he can have a child with disability to glue it together.. such as a wooden model car etc... Don't think a portrait style pattern is what he's looking for..

Quote from his last sentence..

"I'm trying to make this for a lad with learning disabilities and I want to get him to glue it and Finnish it as a treat."

You are correct I missed that.  Alex Fox has/had this jeep as a free pattern.  I did it with my Grandson.  I could not find any of his free patterns at his Etsy site but you could message him and ask him if it is still available.  It was an easy cut and you watch his video to put it together. 

Humvee 1.jpg