EZboard

Scrappile

I just ran across this product this morning.  I'm wondering if anyone has tried using it.  I haven't read all the info so I do not know if there is an advantage to it over BB or the Hardboard.  I do not know how it compares cost wise.  I do not know if it can be glued... Need to read more.

https://ezcarving.com/product/14-ezboard-scrollsawing-ornaments-and-more/

It could be.  I learned about it on a carving forum.  Urethane, is that what high density foam is?   From the look I was thinking for things like Alex Fox's neat patterns.  I did figure that a 12" x 12" piece is a little more than BB.

"EZboard is a high-density urethane (HDU) material produced in sheets of varying thickness and densities. There are several manufacturers of HDU. I found out that not all HDU is the same. Some are grittier and more porous than others. I carved on HDU with densities from 10 all the way up to 40. Basswood has a density in the 20-37 lb/cubic foot range. A piece of HDU board has the same density on the front, back, edges and ends! Every part is the same density so the entire piece can be carved! I found 15 lb density to be the overall best for a wide variety of carving."

I have some that I got to practice chip carving. I used my scroll saw to cut it into pieces. If you tried to make a project I think you would find that it cuts too easily. A little nudge in the wrong direction makes a big cut. 

It is a nice green color, so anything you make would have to be painted.