Prices keep coming down

Brianr24

Iv been keeping my i on ex saws mostly 16 inch but I’m not opposed to 21 I will see when time comes. 

I see the 16 is on amazon prime for $519.00 delivered to my house. Tempting. I also see Walmart is selling them too. I know HD also.

i still don’t understand how they can ship me a saw for a great price prime. But if I try to ship that saw I’m guessing would probably cost well over $200.00 bucks. I know they get a better rate but jeez.

24 minutes ago, Brianr24 said:

Iv been keeping my i on ex saws mostly 16 inch but I’m not opposed to 21 I will see when time comes. 

I see the 16 is on amazon prime for $519.00 delivered to my house. Tempting. I also see Walmart is selling them too. I know HD also.

i still don’t understand how they can ship me a saw for a great price prime. But if I try to ship that saw I’m guessing would probably cost well over $200.00 bucks. I know they get a better rate but jeez.

The 16" saw weighs 68lbs.. just 2 pounds from the USPS limit.. I believe shipping for non commercial rate for this would be around 60 - 70.. UPS and FedEx is lower cost shipping on heavier items than USPS.. so..

Also remember that.. most all retail pricing is marked up 200+%.. selling online.. they don't have to pay for inventory and display space in a physical store... They do have website fees and processing fees though.. but for the most part.. they also have those same fees in a actual store now days with everyone using a debit / credit card.. anyway in the whole scheme of things.. they probably only pay $200 at most for the saw that they probably don't even lay any hands on.. short of a electronic sale and drop shipped from a warehouse from some where..   

On a side note. that's probably about the best price you'll see on a NEW Ex-16.. Never know what Black Friday Deals might end up being.. though... :)

Lol Kevin it was kind of a rhetorical question . But I do appreciate ur explanation. My opinion is the shipping companies cater to amazon and bigger companies ( which I understand why they do) but I still like to complain about it lol. Maybe ur right but I highly doubt u can ship that saw for 70 bucks. Maybe if you were shipping I t ur neighbor. I know I shipped a small bench for a child that I built so I can be disassembled for cheaper shipping. I forgot what it weighed but definitely not as much as that saw. And that cost me 70 bucks to go two states over. My wife just had to ship a piece of luggage to a customer for work cuz of a screw up. That cost 200$. I know there are ways to use certain boxes and little tricks. To get some deals. 

It doesn’t really matter anyway. I should just be thankful I could get a saw shipped to me so cheaply and shut my mouth lol.

1 hour ago, Brianr24 said:

Lol Kevin it was kind of a rhetorical question . But I do appreciate ur explanation. My opinion is the shipping companies cater to amazon and bigger companies ( which I understand why they do) but I still like to complain about it lol. Maybe ur right but I highly doubt u can ship that saw for 70 bucks. Maybe if you were shipping I t ur neighbor. I know I shipped a small bench for a child that I built so I can be disassembled for cheaper shipping. I forgot what it weighed but definitely not as much as that saw. And that cost me 70 bucks to go two states over. My wife just had to ship a piece of luggage to a customer for work cuz of a screw up. That cost 200$. I know there are ways to use certain boxes and little tricks. To get some deals. 

It doesn’t really matter anyway. I should just be thankful I could get a saw shipped to me so cheaply and shut my mouth lol.

Just for fun.. since I don't ship large stuff much any more.. and I know they've raised prices considerably..since I used to mail tractor parts.. cost for non commercial rate to ship 70lb from MI to California is $138.. Guess I've been out of the loop on heavy stuff for many years. as about 2007 ish I quit selling parts.. Now I have a small commercial discount from that price compared to most because of business and I believe my discount is 10%... Also... it's my understanding that many BIG business just pay a yearly premium and the shipping companies have to ship all they mail out.. contract deal.. In reality.. they might be shipping it free if they've sent a lot of products.. 

I do see what you're saying though.. and yes.. very happy to get free shipping on things I buy.. :)  

Studies show that many people shop online and only looking at the FREE shipping option.. even though many times the item might actually cost more over all than someone selling a lower priced item with cheap shipping... This is something I'm planning to add to my website soon.. Raising the price enough to cover shipping and offer free shipping.. since that is what the majority of shoppers look for.. so much so that many places.. eBay Etsy etc have a shipping filter to filter search results to only show items with free shipping, LOL.. so many people use that filter for free shipping. that it's starting to become the standard for search now.. so those that charge shipping are getting the last of the pages in search results.. most people that do a search only look 1-4 pages before rephrasing their search to get different results if they can't find exactly what they are looking for.. JUST A FYI .. not that you care, but someone might find that FYI informational. LOL

That saw is such a good deal I'm surprised you not ordering one.. :) 

7 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Just for fun.. since I don't ship large stuff much any more.. and I know they've raised prices considerably..since I used to mail tractor parts.. cost for non commercial rate to ship 70lb from MI to California is $138.. Guess I've been out of the loop on heavy stuff for many years. as about 2007 ish I quit selling parts.. Now I have a small commercial discount from that price compared to most because of business and I believe my discount is 10%... Also... it's my understanding that many BIG business just pay a yearly premium and the shipping companies have to ship all they mail out.. contract deal.. In reality.. they might be shipping it free if they've sent a lot of products.. 

I do see what you're saying though.. and yes.. very happy to get free shipping on things I buy.. :)  

Studies show that many people shop online and only looking at the FREE shipping option.. even though many times the item might actually cost more over all than someone selling a lower priced item with cheap shipping... This is something I'm planning to add to my website soon.. Raising the price enough to cover shipping and offer free shipping.. since that is what the majority of shoppers look for.. so much so that many places.. eBay Etsy etc have a shipping filter to filter search results to only show items with free shipping, LOL.. so many people use that filter for free shipping. that it's starting to become the standard for search now.. so those that charge shipping are getting the last of the pages in search results.. most people that do a search only look 1-4 pages before rephrasing their search to get different results if they can't find exactly what they are looking for.. JUST A FYI .. not that you care, but someone might find that FYI informational. LOL

That saw is such a good deal I'm surprised you not ordering one.. :) 

Yeah I also know the in Jeff bezos book the everything store. They were losing billions on shipping yeah billions with a b. Lol I guess he knew what he was doing though cuz last I heard he makes 13 million dollars an hour 24 hours a day.

10 minutes ago, stoney said:

Total delivered price on any item is what I look for.   Sometimes free shipping is not really free.   Just sayin.

Almost all the time free shipping is not really free... BUT.. for some reason.. folks don't like taking the time or maybe know how.. to add it up.. so for online... you're going to see more and more places going to free shipping... and it's because.. people are searching for free shipping more than they are for the lowest price.. All the venues I sell at.. have been encouraging sellers to offer free shipping to get boosted in the searches.. so what do the sellers actually been doing? raising the price to offer free shipping so they get boosted in the search results... I haven't done it yet and not sure if I will.. sometimes following the crowd actually hurts you than standing on the last page by yourself. They've been encouraging this for quite some time.. not sure how my sales would differ had I went with the crowd.. but my sales have been much better than last year so I'm good..

They also always run these holiday sales on esty.. I'd do it sometimes and sometimes not.. Lots of people in the last sale so I stayed out.. bunch of complaints from sellers because of the way etsy had to filter search as so many jumped in on the sale.. I stayed out of the sale and had 15 orders in the three days, LOL... It's really comical to watch how seller react to things when they are hoping to get some business..  Most of the sellers look at short term things rather than long term.. 

I generally don't check the difference between free shipping and non-free shipping. I just look at the lowest price period. I have never seen that there was much difference. I have ordered Forstner type bits often on ebay. Sometimes with free shipping and sometimes not. If I sometimes I had to pay shipping it made pennies difference. I have Amazon Prime so when ordering larger items it pays because everything is free shipping. Nothing in life is free.