Hello from Central Florida

flarud

Just found your site a few weeks ago.  Been busy reading all of the threads.  Lots of good info here i am finding out.  I come from a family that has always done construction or carpentry work.  I am the first in my family that I know of that actually does woodworking.  Took shop class for 4 years in high school back in the late '80's up in Illinois.  Move to Florida in '89 and bought some tools here and there and dabbled in woodworking.  Gave it up for many years and started back up a couple of years ago when I dusted off the old Craftsman scrollsaw and tried to do a pattern I found online, that is when I realized the difference between pinned blades and pinless blades.  Bought a Porter Cable from Lowe's and it has served me well for about the last 3 years but it is starting to have issues.  Thinking about getting a Dewalt.  I just posted a short video of my shop in the Shop Challenge thread and here is a link to my flickr page that has some of my projects on it.  Can't wait to get back to reading all of the posts on the Scroll Saw Village!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/flarud1/

21 hours ago, ScollSaw Slasher said:

Glad to see another from central Florida. Go to the pattern section, and you might see a portrait pattern that you could give a try. And then if you really want to get into it, view how to use Gimp in the village university section to make your own patterns..

Blake

Thanks for the info, I will definitely check it out.  

1 hour ago, don in brooklin on said:

Welcome from Brooklin Ontario Canada.  I just woke up to snow on the ground.

Great work in your gallery.

If you are upgrading to a Dewalt check out and Ex-21 (Excalibur or Excelsior).  I have an EX-21 and use the DW788 at our club and I really prefer mine big time.

I'm pushing my luck with the wife on the price of a Dewalt, Ex-21 will lead to a divorce!

On 11/15/2018 at 5:41 PM, Foxfold said:

Welcome to the Village from over here in the U.K. I love your clock, may I ask where you got the pattern from... Cheeky ain't I ?  😱

Thanks for the welcome!  I think I have more than one clock on my flickr page.  The one with the flower shape petal or the handsaw clock?