Pendant/Updated with pictures of the real Opal

Charlie E

Working on a pendant for a stocking stuffer for my wife. She has no interest in the Village so no worry about her seeing this. 😁 Gotta find a pretty way to mount it now. 

Here's a shot of Opal digging in the raised strawberry bed. She decided to remove the lattice under the steps yesterday. She's also pulled a bit of siding off my shop. Here's another shot of her looking all pretty and innocent. ☺️🤫

541A53BA-CB90-4051-9965-7630EFE7E00D.jpeg

opal digging.jpg

opal looking pretty.jpg

Edited by Charlie E

36 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

That is a real cute one and your wife will love it.  Must be some kind of small eye screw you could use.  Maybe in a jewelry section of a hobby store, or make a wire one and glue it in a drilled hole...

Thanks. I've used the tiny eye screws before. I'm going to go by Hobby Lobby and see what they have in the jewelry making section.

1 hour ago, meflick said:

Very nice and you are definitely trying to get in those brownie points were Opal is concerned aren’t you. 😉 I think you should be able to find what you need in hobby lobby’s jewelry section.

Yes I am but my heart's not in it. Today she ripped about a fourth of the lattice out from under our pool deck. The dog, not my wife. 😉

Lab, isn't it?  Take heart they grow out of that..... hope she is still a puppy.  A real good gift for your wife, is get her into puppy training with her dog.. We have a facility in our area that holds training classes for puppy and owner. It also goes through several level of dog/owner training.   My wife took our Standard Poodle through the puppy training and it was great fun for both her and the puppy.  My Lab, that I got at 14 months old had been through it.  He is the most obedient dog I have ever owned, and I have had three Dobermans, they are obedient, but this Lab, now 18 months is really awesome.  Calm, gentle, loyal,  always wanting to please dog.  He is still a puppy in Lab life, but just a great dog.  Part of that is the training of the owner and dog, together.   Check it out, maybe there is something similar in your area.

Edited by Scrappile

2 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Lab, isn't it?  Take heart they grow out of that..... hope she is still a puppy.  A real good gift for you wife, is get her into puppy training with her dog.. We have a facility in our area that holds training classes for puppy and owner. It also goes through several level of dog/owner training.   My wife took our Standard Poodle through the puppy training and it was great fun for both her and the puppy.  My Lab, that I got at 14 months old had been through it.  He is the most obedient dog I have ever owned, and I have had three Dobermans, they are obedient, but this Lab, now 18 months is really awesome.  Calm, gentle, loyal,  always wanting to please dog.  He is still a puppy in Lab life, but just a great dog.  Part of that is the training of the owner and dog, together.   Check it out, maybe there is something similar in your area.

Thanks Paul. Yes she's a lab and is only about 7 months old. We actually took her to some dog/owner training and it helped a bit. She'll sit while we pour her food out and not move till we tell her to come. In other areas not so much. I think a big part of it is going to be what you said first. Waiting out the puppy stage, and maybe wrapping the underpinning of the deck with some pet proof screen wire for a couple of years! 

My wife's an my first dog, which I got for her at the pound for $1 and he came with 2 cans of dog food!!!!  He was a mix cocker/poodle.  Actually a great dog, but he was really into anything that resembled a ball.  When we had our first Christmas tree with him, he could not be trusted to not go after the pretty balls hanging on the tree.  One day the temptation over came him.  He grabbed one of the ornaments and headed for the front door, it was open, but the glass storm door wasn't!   He went right through the glass!!  No one was hurt, well maybe his pride a little, and his bottom,,,,,,