Weekend projects

RabidAlien

A couple of projects this weekend.  First...lemme say...I'm kinda proud of myself for not taking these frames out and setting them on fire.  Or worse.  They're for two of the "It Is Well" projects I was requested to do.  The stars were NOT in alignment with the making of these frames, everything from my table saw not ripping the back of the frame pieces correctly (it wasn't just mis-measurement on my part, it literally started wandering down the middle of the back of one piece...had to trim the entire poplar 1x2 down to about 1x1.75 to fix that), to corners not coming together, to frustrations from Life in general....grrr.  They're glued, clamped, and will be stained tomorrow if I don't toss em and go buy another piece of stock (wasn't sure if I was going to have enough to finish...ended up with about 4" left over after cutting enough for two frames).  As of right now, if I never make another frame, I'll be happy.

20181215_212231.thumb.jpg.cc110eb199fe7f76894c0d1a9b1b9c6a.jpg

So after the frame frustrations, I needed a win to balance the scales a bit, so to speak.  So....one of my Inkscape designs.  Might as well, right?  Just to make sure it was a good cut, easy cut.  I freehanded the steam coming off the coffee cup a bit, I think I like this one better but my freehand skillz in Inkscape are crap, so anyone cutting this on their own, do with it as you will.  :)  Now to find something to cut/build tomorrow, because on the Sawdust Karma scale, today breaks even.

20181215_215013.thumb.jpg.13314f544f2eb2e9cb79679f69b8cf16.jpg

I have the same feeling about frames. They are so difficult for me also. I did have a frame that my wife ask me to make for her because the photo of my granddaughter's wedding party was of such a strange size that we could not find a frame to fit. But for me, I was a little pleased with how it came out as I usually only get frustrated making them like you did. I guess it is all about practice. I am thinking that I may try some others soon. Good luck to you on yours. 

I thinks they looked pretty good to me and I also like your coffer sign. Really cute. Keep up the good work

Dick

heppnerguy

Just now, heppnerguy said:

I have the same feeling about frames. They are so difficult for me also. I did have a frame that my wife ask me to make for her because the photo of my granddaughter's wedding party was of such a strange size that we could not find a frame to fit. But for me, I was a little pleased with how it came out as I usually only get frustrated making them like you did. I guess it is all about practice. I am thinking that I may try some others soon. Good luck to you on yours. 

I thinks they looked pretty good to me and I also like your coffer sign. Really cute. Keep up the good work

Dick

heppnerguy

Oh,  here is my frame attempt that I was telling you about

Dick

heppnerguy

wqedding frame.PNG