First project completed in the new digs.

MTCowpoke22

A nice scrolled piece. They will enjoy this one when they get it. I am not familiar with Vermont and I have a  question for you. Is the background wood that the plaque is hanging on, part of the work here and if so, is it the shape of Vermont?  I know how stupid this question seems but  I already know I am save to ask it here in The Village as I have seen It written so many times.."There is no stupid questions here in The Village".. I may be testing some waters here with this one though

Dick

heppnerguy

11 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

A nice scrolled piece. They will enjoy this one when they get it. I am not familiar with Vermont and I have a  question for you. Is the background wood that the plaque is hanging on, part of the work here and if so, is it the shape of Vermont?  I know how stupid this question seems but  I already know I am save to ask it here in The Village as I have seen It written so many times.."There is no stupid questions here in The Village".. I may be testing some waters here with this one though

Dick

heppnerguy

Yup, it is. I'm not too familiar with Vermont either. But I've been doing wall hangings like this for the past couple of years. I've done quite a few Montana's, of course. And have a North Dakota and a Kansas, too. I get the free maps each state puts through their tourism departments and use that as my pattern. It works quite well and I can get the edges as precise as possible. I will say, some states make it easier to get a map than others. Vermont and Kansas were quite easy through their tourism websites. For Montana and North Dakota I simply visit the closest gas station and they have free maps set out. I've had someone ask about California, so I tried. I still haven't been able to find one there, but that person seems to have forgotten about it too. It drives me nuts to look at Etsy and some of these other sites and see what some are passing off as state wall hangings. Some are nothing really like the actual state shape. The only real problem I have is that the size of some, such as Montana, make them a nightmare to ship.  

4 hours ago, MTCowpoke22 said:

Yup, it is. I'm not too familiar with Vermont either. But I've been doing wall hangings like this for the past couple of years. I've done quite a few Montana's, of course. And have a North Dakota and a Kansas, too. I get the free maps each state puts through their tourism departments and use that as my pattern. It works quite well and I can get the edges as precise as possible. I will say, some states make it easier to get a map than others. Vermont and Kansas were quite easy through their tourism websites. For Montana and North Dakota I simply visit the closest gas station and they have free maps set out. I've had someone ask about California, so I tried. I still haven't been able to find one there, but that person seems to have forgotten about it too. It drives me nuts to look at Etsy and some of these other sites and see what some are passing off as state wall hangings. Some are nothing really like the actual state shape. The only real problem I have is that the size of some, such as Montana, make them a nightmare to ship.  

Thank you for your information. I have found the same shipping related problems with some states, like California too. There is a sight where a guy in Oregon has made some nice state plaque, of which I have sold a few.  They are really nice also. The reason I bring this to your mind is because it might be a good place to go just to check out the state shapes. His name is Sam Custodio and all of his great patterns are free to download. I will attempt to post a link to his state map designs for you here. https://www.facebook.com/samuel.custodio.52/media_set?set=a.1917481571857302&type=3

I hope this works for you.. it may be worth a look

Dick

heppnerguy

8 hours ago, Foxfold said:

I must confess to knowing absolutely nothing about the American states, perhaps some of the names but not the 'shapes' So I looked it up on the internet and 'Yes' the board looks like the pictures I've seen  xx

Thank you for your information. I knew that I too could have done the same but choose to make the text I did because I was looking for some additional information, which I received from him. Thank you for you help, I do appreciate it

Dick

heppnerguy