More weekend projects

RabidAlien

Well, the wife was out of town visiting a friend, and took the offspring with her to visit Grandma...so someone had to valiantly stay behind and make sure the dogs didn't get up to any shenanigans.  And keep the saw from getting lonely.

Finished up a Steve Good pattern (at least, I think its one of his) for my wife, not sure where we're going to stash it

20181224_181102.thumb.jpg.4065da2e1ab7eb85d56340dfe113034a.jpg

Tried an idea I had for some scrap 2x4's I picked up at Lowes (yay free scrap wood!!!).  Trimmed off the rounded edge of one side, to give myself a smooth, flat face to work with, then set my table saw fence for 1.5" and was rewarded with two 1.5"x1.5" lengths.  Perfect for compound cuts...such as the 3D chess set pattern I just bought from Sue Mey's site.  Just wish she'd included a separate page of nothing but pawn patterns.

20181224_162149.thumb.jpg.94a23a8e0b2b06d73063db254cd6aae3.jpg

Finally, a nifty little cutting (if I do say so myself) of a pattern I did the other day, because truly, Mondays suck.  My wife may have squee'd a bit, she likes the little grumpy guy.  We're off to grab dinner, I'll finish cleaning up the feathers and staining it later tonight, maybe tomorrow morning before yet another long drive to visit family 4 hours away so that nobody's feelings get hurt....yay.  Seasons greetings and all that humbug.

20181224_181058.thumb.jpg.d9cbd81075f654156d5dc42cb37c32b0.jpg

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

Don't you love it when you and the dogs have to stay home and guard the place?  I always volunteer!

Very nice projects.

Very much so!  I'm an introvert, so getting "grounded" or "sent to my room" as a kid/teen was pretty much the opposite of the punishment that my parents thought it was.  :)

12 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

Very nice cutting on some great patterns.

Thank you sir!

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, wombatie said:

Mondays are the same as any other day now that my husbands retired we just don't get weekends any more.  :lol:  Great work and I love your little grumpy guy too.

Marg

Marg. You are looking at things incorrectly.. I is not that you don't get weekends any longer, it is that 'every day is a weekend'. at least that is the way I like to look at things.

Dick

heppnerguy