Toys for TOTS project

orangeman

What a Fantastic project.....and a very handsome  bunch to boot. .

Each Christmas eve I play Santa for my friends daughters two children.

The boy whom is 8 years old,when on my lap asked  if the elves  make any  carpentry toys.

After seeing this post,I think Santa  will have some next year....Once again Hats off to you fine gents.

Thank you for your nice comments!

Last year 3 of us cut puzzles only and they were all gone by Christmas at the Toys for Tots store. At least the parents love giving them to the kids.

This year I put on a scroll saw workshop for club members and got  6 of us cut puzzles and toy cars/trucks and doubled our donation. At least two members upgraded and bought a new scroll saw. More club members will be trained in 2019.

Yes, we have fun. 40 members total with about 20+ active. We have scrollers, wood turners, furniture makers, and a canoe maker. Our club president currently teaches woodworking at the John Campbell Folk School near Murphy, NC

We meet monthly and do shop tours of members, wood supply houses,  shops of interest in the area and members conduct workshops/seminars in their specialty.

Members are always called on to donate handmade items for neighborhood charities including the volunteer firemen, church lady gala, and garden club; these items are then auctioned off.

bb

What a tremendously giving group. I would love to find a group of people like this where I live. Doing for others certainly warms my heart. Just think, if the SSV started something like this and had every member donate only 5 pieces of children's home made items, how nice that would be. I bet the response would be big from our family here. Sure the cost of mailing them would add up some but the warmth put into ones heart, would find the postage a small price for the smiles and happiness it would bring to others

Dick

heppnerguy