jet saw/ squaring the blade issue

rljohn56

Does anyone work with the Jet 22" scroll saw model JWSS 22B?  the reason i'm asking is that no matter what i do i cannot align the blade front to back.  I've turn the motor clockwise and counter clockwise to no avail.  I've contacted Jet but they have as of yet responded and i'm wanting to know if anybody else is having this issue.  Eyeballing it from underneath it's as if the bottom clamp's specs are off so that it sits behind the top clamp. All this came about when i was trying got do compound cuts of 1 3/4.  Earlier i had sent pics and frustrated comments that the bottom of my cuts where lagging behind. I tried everything suggested to no avail so i went and borrowed a friend of mines less expensive porter cable saw and had no issues cutting. please tell me someone else has experienced this using the Jet.

Edited by rljohn56

Sorry, I don’t have a Jet and cannot help answer your question. However, there are a few people here who I think do use a Jet. I was going to suggest that you might edit your post to add Jet Saw to your title so someone with a Jet would see it was a question specific to the Jet saw.  Good luck. I know Carole Rothman has the Jet saw but she does not frequent this forum to my knowledge. She is on the magazine’s forum some though, so if you want to reach out to her, you might try that forum as well if you have not.

Edited by meflick
fixing typos but probably missed some

I don't have a Jet either...  That said.. I do have an Excalibur and they are all the same basic saw design.. The procedure for doing this is that the upper arm has to be parallel to the table.. then having a blade in the saw.. speed all the way down and the motor bolts loosen just enough to turn the motor... place something behind the saw blade on the table... run the saw and spin the motor until it has the least amount of blade travel.. You may need to shut it off.. take out the bolts to the motor and spin it around to the next set of holes and re- insert the bolts just tight enough to spin the motor like before.. then start the process again..  I had to take the motor off on my excalibur to the next set of holes... If I remember correctly moving the motor counter clock wise is the direction to move it.... Mine didn't make a huge difference either until I moved the motor to the next set of holes.. 

This info.. should be in your manual.. I believe... it was in the Excalibur manual...

I'm betting that Jet isn't going to be able to help you much.. Ray at Seyco sells the Jet saw and I imagine he'd be the better person to contact... he has been known to walk people through stuff over the phone..

Just my pennies worth... Good luck and hope you get it figured out..