Weekend project

RabidAlien

just one this weekend.  1/4" general plywood rescued from the scrap bin at Lowes.  Frame is 2x2 ripped down the center.  I think I've got the hang of cutting frames, I only had to do a little bit of trimming on the piece to fit in the frame.  Frame is Minwax Provincial, cut piece is Minwax Dark Walnut, and backer is rattlecan glossy white.  To help them pop, I painted the interior of the letters white, as well.

I'm happy with how this one turned out, considering how many narrow pieces there were to trim up.  Only had one breakage point, where my blade caught on a cut area as I was turning the piece (saw was off at the time).  Not where you'd expect, either, it was down at the cuff of the trooper's left arm, that little dogbone-shaped piece at the bottom of the sleeve.  I would cut the large empty areas in sections, go down a straight line until I hit a piece sticking out, then make the turn, go across to the straight section across and back up to complete the square.  Then pull that piece out, turn around, cut the other side of the peninsula, turn down the straightaway, and down to the next peninsula.  That method seemed to work really well for me, plus taping the ever-lovin heck outta the parts as I finished uncovering a peninsula or really narrow bridge.  Towards the end, I was cutting wood surrounded by blue tape.  :) 

20190203_190426.jpg